View Full Version : Synchrologic Email Accelerator

Jason Dunn
06-25-2002, 08:22 PM
<a href="http://www.synchrologic.com/news/SEA_release.html">http://www.synchrologic.com/news/SEA_release.html</a><br /><br />Not my cup of tea, but you enterprise users may jump up and down when you read this. Pocket PCs don't have a native "always on" mode like a RIM Blackberry, and it's something that has concerned people who are looking for that functionality. This product would seem to fill that gap.<br /><br />"SynchrologicTM announced today it is launching Synchrologic Email AcceleratorTM, a 'next generation' mobile server platform for corporate Exchange and Domino servers. Synchrologic Email Accelerator provides mobile workers with unrivaled access methods, simplicity and broad device support while offering corporate IT with unprecedented manageability, security, and control. As part of the complete Synchrologic suite for managing enterprise mobile infrastructure, Synchrologic Email Accelerator serves as a key component for enterprises deploying a strategic mobile platform. <br /><br />Synchrologic Email Accelerator is the first product to provide true "push" updating on Pocket PC and Palm-based phone devices. Unlike current generation products, Synchrologic Email Accelerator provides broad synchronized device support (Pocket PC, Palm, laptop and mobile phone), built-in browsing capabilities from PCs and WAP phones and integrated mobile alert functionality in a single, easily deployable and manageable product. <br /><br />With its true "push" capabilities, Synchrologic Email Accelerator automatically updates a user's device with important email, meeting requests and reminders. Synchrologic Email Accelerator's push function supports Microsoft Windows Powered Pocket PC Phone Edition devices and Palm-based phones such as Handspring Treo or Kyocera. The devices are updated as soon as changes are received on the server. Synchrologic's support of push is the first solution to support mainstream PDA devices and wireless networks. It is compatible with devices running on popular wireless networks such as AT&T Wireless, Sprint, Verizon, VoiceStream and a number of European wireless networks. Additionally, to help break through email clutter, Synchrologic Email Accelerator can also send timely alerts to mobile phones about important email and events. Alert filters can be predefined by the user so that only the most critical information for that user is received - information such as emails from specific users, calendar updates and meeting reminders."

Terry
06-26-2002, 06:05 AM
This sounds similar to Microsoft Mobile Information Server:
http://www.microsoft.com/miserver/. MMIS is shipping now (has been for a while).

Synchrologic doesn't have a firm release date yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Microsoft-only fan...it will be interesting to compare features and price down-the-road...in the meantime I'm still waiting for good cellular connectivity for my Jornada.