View Full Version : Sony Ericsson's new toy

Khaled
06-23-2002, 10:33 PM
Everyone probably saw the Sony Ericsson Concept phone on the home page of PocketPC Thoughts,
Anyone have any more information about it ??

FredMurphy
06-24-2002, 01:49 PM
If you mean this...

http://www.boomspeed.com/g13co/SONERIC.jpg

it seems it's just a 3G concept phone. Will probably never go into production but you never know.

Fred

PlayAgain?
06-27-2002, 08:34 PM
It does look like a very sweet phone indeed! I hope it comes to production.

My eyes are on the P800 at the moment though. I can't wait for that to come out! The stuff it comes with takes mobile communications to the next level!

17 x 59 x 27 mm
208 x 302 pixel display
16Mb Flash ROM
12Mb RAM
Memory Stick expandability (yeah, I know it's Memory Stick, but still, it's better than nothing)
J2ME and Personal Java
WAP including HTML, XML and cHTML
640x480x24bit Digital Camera
Media Player (MP3, WAV, AMR and AU)
Streaming video
Top games bundle including Men In Black II (1st Person Shoot-Em-Up), Stunt Car Extreme and Chess

And this is just that start of the story without going into Bluetooth and GPRS to name but a few things.

This, along with some of the best PIM functionality around and the ability to install Java and native (Symbian) software without having to connect to a PC really is going to make this (as one web site put it), a PDA Killer!

My pennies are being saved as we speak.

cairo111
08-03-2002, 01:25 AM
:lol: ME TOO.
IM JUST WAITING FOR THE [P800] TO BE RELEASED.
THERE IS NOTHING ON THE MARKET, NO [PALM POWERED] NO [POCKET PC POWERED] THAT EVEN COMES CLOSE TO THE [P800].
I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE LOOK ON THE FACES OF THE MICROSOFT AND PALM APOLOGISTS WHEN I WHIP OUT MY [P800] IN THE COMING MONTHS. :lol: