View Full Version : theft protection

brass
06-23-2002, 03:13 AM
I really need some sort of pda theft protection, maybe something like a kensington cable or whatever. I have to leave my stuff alone for an hour every day in the locker room at school, and I've already lost several gadgets even when they're locked away in my locker with a heavy chataeu keylock. I was planning on getting a new e310 but I need to figure out a solution to this problem first. Any ideas?
thanks

Jason Dunn
06-23-2002, 06:38 AM
I keep hoping for the OEMs to get together and make a Kensington lock-type solution, but nothing so far. Right now, Pocket PCs are too fragile to physically lock down in any effective fashion. The only true solution is to take it with you.

brass
06-23-2002, 07:19 AM
what do you mean by too fragile? please explain...kensington has this one lock, I forget what it's called, but it latches onto a few different palms and has a security cable. I wonder if there's anything like this for pocketpc.

Jason Dunn
06-23-2002, 03:33 PM
what do you mean by too fragile? please explain...kensington has this one lock, I forget what it's called, but it latches onto a few different palms and has a security cable. I wonder if there's anything like this for pocketpc.

I just mean that you can't wrap a Kesington security cable around plastic - you'd need to have a piece of metal in the body to secure it.