View Full Version : Seems like this forum is a scam to me

red
06-21-2002, 12:05 AM
I mean think about it- the "Hot Deals" page are listing prices that for the most part we can already find online. Not only that- but some of the earlier "serial numbered" PDA's have backlight problems (like E-200) or other issues.

I mean why can we not reply to those? Maybe because we would discuss the idea that they are not such good deals? Doesn't it seem funny that those hosting this board are also the merchants selling the items?

I don't mind them hosting a board, but don't think consider those "Hot Deals" just because you post them in there. Allow us to reply and I will post better (and cheaper) places to purchase them from.

My thoughts,
Red

TK
06-21-2002, 12:08 AM
I'd have to agree. Not sure why we cannot reply to those "deals". I would sure like to.

TK

TK
06-21-2002, 12:10 AM
Know what's funny. I've come here for a while to check over the conversations- never once signing up. Then today you post that and for once I was like "Yeah!" hehe.

Sometimes the things that incite me cause me to sign up. I would think the deals page would be the main reason people sign up- to talk about deals, what products are best, who has bought one. I could have signed up to chat- but I go to other boards which are better for that.

TK

lawnman
06-24-2002, 02:35 AM
*Sigh* The trolls are on the loose again. Grow up or take your ball and go home.

Jason Dunn
06-24-2002, 05:23 AM
Seems like this forum is a scam to me

A scam? I'd be happy to give you a refund...oh wait, this is a free site. How exactly can something that's free be a "scam"? :roll:

Allow me to explain the Hot Deals form: it's set up specifically for my affiliate partners to post specials and products that they have. As I explained in my DealTime post, whenever I'd post an affiliate link, someone would post that they found it for cheaper - thus completely ruining my efforts to earn a few bucks. But like I said in the DealTime post, I don't blame anyone for wanting to save some money.

Instead of trying to compete with the bargain hunters out there, I created a forum for my affiliate partners to post their wares in, and comments are blocked. It's simply an advertising forum. There's no need for someone to respond to something they see in a banner ad, right?

So that's it. It's not a scam, it's a forum filled with advertisements from my affiliate partners. You're certainly not obligated to buy from them, so I don't see why this is a problem. :lol:

Jason Dunn
06-24-2002, 05:25 AM
I would think the deals page would be the main reason people sign up- to talk about deals, what products are best, who has bought one. I could have signed up to chat- but I go to other boards which are better for that.

If you read the description for the Hot Deals it says...

"Our affiliate partners duel for your dollars with their best hardware & software deals."

Seems pretty self-explanatory, yes? You can chat about products in this forum (Just Chatting). What's the issue here?

Thinkingmandavid
07-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Iwent and looked to see the deals, I dotn think it is a scam personally, I just think it is businesses putting their best deals, that doesnt mean there isnt better deals somewhere else. It can very well be that when they put their deals up there is not a better deal somewhere else. Also, some of them make it a package deal which may be unique or different from another business selling the same ppc.
Then again, we all have a different idea of what deal is for our own pocket books:) mmmmm, pocket books and pocket pcs, mmmmm:)