View Full Version : New PocketPC: Buy now or wait for X-Scale?

Tarek
06-17-2002, 03:53 AM
I presently have a Cassiopeia E115 (PocketPC 2000 device), and have recently been using it with a Socket 802.11b CF NIC and Netgear MR314 Router/AP. I'd like to start using a device with greater 802.11b support, and thus have been looking into buying a PocketPC 2002 device. I was about to order a Cassiopeia E200, when I read some posts (on this site and others) about how the E200 has been discontinued and how new x-scale PPCs were due to come out soon.

So, now I'm wondering whether I should just go ahead with my plans to get one of the PocketPC 2002 devices on the market today, or wait for an x-scale-based PPC. I've read some posts indicating that x-scale-based PPCs are due out very soon, and others inidicating that it'd be significantly longer.

What would you do? Wait for an x-scale PPC, or buy one of the current models? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tarek

Jason Dunn
06-17-2002, 02:20 PM
You'll see Xscale models coming out from all major OEMs in the next 90 days - I'd wait until they're out, and at the very least you'll get some great deals on the "older" units like the E200.

Tarek
06-19-2002, 03:05 AM
Good to hear. Thanks for the advice!

-Tarek

TK
06-21-2002, 12:13 AM
Interesting. I haven't seen much information at all on x-scale PPCs - does anyone have a link where I can see some preview information.

thx,
TK