View Full Version : :D Great Ipaq 3800 Series Products - Positive results!

pradike
06-12-2002, 06:58 PM
How about some positive news on products for the IPAQ - I have some good things to report!

I have purchased all three of these things in the past week, and all have met or exceeded my expectations.

1) The new IPAQ CF Expansion Plus Sleeve - while much has been written...I installed it as driected in the easy to read instructions, and the CD went flawlessly. After the immediate reset (after install), it has worked perfectly. The weight, the cover, and the extra battery life are most valuable.

2) Pylon Conduit for Pocket PC - this great software allows me to sync up with Lotus Notes (which I'm stuck with at work). I now have my e-mail, calendar, to-do's, appointments, and other related items on my PocketPC, and it sync's up on my second PC fine every time. Would highly recommend! This product is co-authored by the Avantgo folks, and they have special pricing going on (no I don't work for them!)....

Get it here:
[/URL]

3) Socket Digital Phone Card (CF) for cell phone connectivity(mine is a Samsung-SprintPCS) - I have used this for the past week, and really like how well it set up and worked out of the box. While connections are not beyond 14K, they are quite reliable and adaquate, and I can use my regular Sprint minutes to access e-mail and the WEB at no extra change. It works as advertised.

Here is the link for more info or to order one:

[URL]http://www.socketcom.com/product/dpc_card.htm (http://corp.avantgo.com/downloads/pylondesktop/)

Kudos for these folks doing what they say, and providing quality products that work. That seems to be the excption these days, rather than the rule, so I wanted to provide positive feedback and refer anyone else to these vendors.

Now I'm "fully charged up" and wireless! - You can be too!

Jason Dunn
06-12-2002, 09:46 PM
It's very refreshing to see someone post some GOOD news here. Well done! :D

Martin I Pettinger
07-10-2002, 10:01 PM
All

I'd like to follow up the previous post to say I am happy with my iPAQ too. I have had an iPAQ 3850 three weeks and have had no crash. I previously used a Velo 1.0 with CE 1.0 and CE 2.0 OS's and was frustrated constantly with the crashing.

As for the backlight I have had a few problems but nothing turning the unit on and off wouldn't solve - will have to watch this though. For cleartype I have looked at a iPAQ 3630 and a Jornada 540 and the iPAQ 3850 is far superior.

The issue with SD doesn't bother me at the moment - I am looking for the cheaper MC cards and may purchase one at the end of the month for storing mp3's. As for mp3 palyback it is superb - one of the reaons I purchased an iPAQ.

Speed issues can be a problem but only when I have lots of apps running. I am going to install some freeware to kill programmes easily. Screen display is vibrant yet seems dimmer than the iPAQ 3630. The iPAQ 3630 super bright setting seems brighter than my iPAQ 3850 but I'll need to check.

Overall I am really satisfied with my purchase. One slight niggle is the battery life - not convinced I am getting anywhere near 8 hours but this may be due to amount I synch with my desktop. I plan to solve this one with the expansion sleeve which also includes a battery - need to look at prices though.

Martin :D