View Full Version : Add to drop down list ?!?!?!?

JedTheHead
06-12-2002, 01:58 PM
Is there ANY WAY (app or native) to add your own topics to the drop down subject list in the calendar app?!?!?! This would be SUCH A GREAT advancement and time saver for me.

Pocket PC 2000, btw.

Jason Dunn
06-12-2002, 02:58 PM
Nope. The entries are cached, but there's a limit (six?) then they scroll off into oblivion. This would be a great app for a developer to create!

JedTheHead
06-12-2002, 06:50 PM
That is a shame. I am an recovering Palm user, and to be honest, I liked it a lot.. but, the company bought us all iPAQs, so I can't complain. It would be nice if there was at least a text shortcut stroke you could use on the iPAQ like on the Palm. For example, (and I will call the shortcut stroke "squiggle" for lack of better tems) you could set up something like:

am = Meet with Acme Company

and then on the Palm, "type" squiggle am and it would input the text string above.

It is my understanding, as you said, that it is supposed to cache the subject entries in the calendar, but mine isn't even doing that. I have entered 100 or so different subject, but the drop down list still has the original six. Hmmmm...

THanks!

Jason Dunn
06-12-2002, 09:57 PM
It is my understanding, as you said, that it is supposed to cache the subject entries in the calendar, but mine isn't even doing that. I have entered 100 or so different subject, but the drop down list still has the original six.

Ooops...my apologies - I was thinking of the location field in appointments. You're right, the original six stay put. Jeese I wish I was a developer...so many things need improving upon. :-)