View Full Version : dotPocket Remote Control Software

Ed Hansberry
06-06-2002, 06:30 PM
<a href="http://www.dotpocket.net/index.html">http://www.dotpocket.net/index.html</a><br /><br />The application has two main componenets, an advanced video driver and remote control application. You can connect your Pocket PC to desktop/laptop computer using any of the standard options available for this (Ethernet connection, COM, USB, or IrDA ports) and use several features of the dotPocket to make your work more comfortable and productive:<br /><br />• Pocket PC screen will be shown on your desktop/laptop PC screen (virtual screen resolutions, zooming and panning options are supported);<br />• use your standard keyboard and mouse with your Pocket PC with no additional hardware required;<br />• use direct access to your Pocket PC video memory for direct video output, screen capturing, AVI recording;<br />• use direct file transfer and encryption options to synchronize your files and protect your data.<br />• virtual screen resolutions up to 2000x2000 (custom or predefined),<br />• portrait or landscape screen orientation,<br />• zooming and panning options available through menu or hardware buttons,<br />• intuitive control with one button on the screen.

Ipaqer
06-06-2002, 09:24 PM
Useful... I give this a thumbs up.

Sven Johannsen
06-06-2002, 11:37 PM
I love their marketing line "The dotPocket will help users to transform their handhelds "into the only computer" they need."

Yea, except for the one you are using to control and display your PPC. :wink:

SiliconAddict
06-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Works on my O2 XDA, looks nice. I think it's a bit pricey for such a simple tool though. :cry:

slava
06-14-2002, 09:54 AM
Works on my O2 XDA, looks nice. I think it's a bit pricey for such a simple tool though. :cry:

We have lowered it a bit:), DP is now the cheapest tool in its category.

SiliconAddict
06-14-2002, 01:29 PM

We have lowered it a bit:), DP is now the cheapest tool in its category.

Actually no, it isn't. Pocket Controller-Professional by Soft Object Technologies Inc is cheaper at $24.99. And Pocket Controller has a Cut&Paste from desktop to PDA vice versa function.

Don't get me wrong, I think DP is a great tool, it just needs a little work and re-pricing. Once that's done, choosing between DP and Pocket Controller will be a tough job :wink:

slava
06-14-2002, 01:36 PM
[quote="slava"][quote=SiliconAddict]
Actually no, it isn't. Pocket Controller-Professional by Soft Object Technologies Inc is cheaper at $24.99. And Pocket Controller has a Cut&Paste from desktop to PDA vice versa function.

Don't get me wrong, I think DP is a great tool, it just needs a little work and re-pricing. Once that's done, choosing between DP and Pocket Controller will be a tough job :wink:

Ok, ok:) we are working on cut-paste and some additional functions:)