View Full Version : Philly Pocket PC Summit - Networking Party

Jason Dunn
06-03-2002, 10:32 PM
On Thursday night the organizers of the Pocket PC Summit held a shindig (is that how you spell it Ed?) designed to get a whole bunch of people together outdoors on a beautiful evening, serve them food and drinks, and let them chat. It was fun! So fun, in fact, that I just had to grab Jeff McKean's video camera and run around a bit with it. Don't worry, the video is only 60 seconds long, and I dare say it's vaguely entertaining - trying playing "spot the celebrity" and see how well you do.<br /><br />There are two versions for you to download: the <a href="http://207.34.121.16/files/phillysummit-desktop.mpg">desktop version</a> is a large-ish 9.4 meg download in MPEG format, while the <a href="http://207.34.121.16/files/phillysummit-pocketpc.asf">Pocket PC version</a> is a 225 kbps file meant for playback on your Pocket PC and a svelte download at only 1.5 megs. You may want to right-click and select SAVE AS to save these files to your local PC for viewing.<br /><br />I'm curious to know what you think of the video editing as well - I'm a little rusty at it...

John Hung
06-04-2002, 07:25 AM
Thanks Jason & Jeff for the short video. I guess now I can claim another 15 seconds of fame, and this time it is on the internet (Me wearing the eVest taking a picture of the crowd). If nothing else I certainly did some good free advertising for Scott eVest.

It was nice talking to you on the trolley to the party from the hotel. I hope you trip back to Canada was uneventful. I was delayed by the weather on Friday night and I ended up spending the night in Chicago before returning to So Cal. Now I am back to the daily grind until the next big event.

jeffmckean
06-04-2002, 07:48 AM
hey, now, remember, we both did the editing on that one! I think our future careers in filmmaking are now assured!
Cheers everyone! :D

st63z
06-04-2002, 09:30 AM
Tres cool :) What camcorder did you use, if I may ask (and what software)? I'm always on the lookout for recommendations for a newbie...

We've decided to keep the JVC GR-DVP7 ultra compact miniDV-cam, although its video looks worse than the competing Canons (I posted my thoughts at AVS Forum)...

kennyg
06-04-2002, 03:07 PM
It was a very interesting night, starting with the open bar, made some folks a little more talkative than they might be otherwise... :wink:

And I could have done without the tolley ride to the second bar! Those corrupting Symbol and HP folks... :D

shilmover
06-05-2002, 01:31 AM
i look stoned!

or do I always look like that? 8O

And you had to put me in there twice?!?

:)

Jeff, did you laptop survive?

Barry

jeffmckean
06-05-2002, 04:09 AM
It was a JVC 90 DV Camcorder. Not the best low-light capabilities, but not bad otherwise.

Laptop survived, screen did not. :-( $700 to fix, oh well.

Barry, you just had the most engaging mug so that's why Jason and I made the collective decision to put you in there twice! ;-)

Henry Nutter
06-06-2002, 01:10 AM
LOL It's funny to see the party captured on video! Glad I made it into the final cut Jason... despite the drunken camerawork! :wink: It was great to meet everyone at the networking party, and at the Summit. See you guys again in October!

Henry Nutter
PocketThemes.com (http://www.pocketthemes.com)