View Full Version : Question about the charge/sync cable for an Ipaq 3600 series

Macguy59
05-24-2002, 02:52 AM
As compensation for a less then accurate sale on Ebay, I received what is supposed to be a charge/sync cable for the 3650 Ipaq I bought. My question is- "Is the charge light supposed to come on when I connect the cable to my Ipaq?" How else would you know if it is charging? And yes the cable is plugged into a USB port and yes the computer is on.

Tom Eichers
05-29-2002, 03:46 PM
Yes the charge light should act just like it does with the ac adapter, are you using this with a laptop ?, some laptops do not provide enough power through the usb port to activate the charging circuit, or if using on a desktop through a hub, is the hub powered ?. I have one and it works fine, infact better connection for data than my cradle.

JedTheHead
06-12-2002, 06:55 PM
Mine works too. I have a Compaq Armada e700 laptop and it powers it just fine, however, the cable doesn't go all the was in the socket on the iPAQ, so I have to find the sweet spot sometimes. You can also open the Battery app in "settings" to see the charge status.

Hope that helps!

Ravenswing
06-13-2002, 01:20 PM
I don't have a charge-and-sync cable, but I do have a USB power cable for my 3630. It works fine connected to an HP desktop in my office, but behaves oddly with my Toshiba laptop.

Generally, it charges okay for a while, then stops and will only start charging again if you power cycle the laptop. I remember Expansys claiming they would take back and refund money for charge-and-sync cables if users found they didn't work, and Toshiba was specifically mentioned as having a problem.

XYXOXY
06-27-2002, 12:27 AM
I bought the Belkin charge/synch cable for my IPAQ 3870 and it works fine... once I figured out the secret.

First... if you are using the wrong model you will have problems. There is a new cable for the 3800 series and I'm told that prior Belkin models will not function properly with the 3800's. In your case you would likely have problems only if you DID have the cable designed for the 3800's.

Anyway, there is a toggle on the cord to switch between SYNCH and CHARGE. Guess it would break some law of nature to do both at once. At first I had problems doing either until I figured out that the symbols on the cord were reversed. Guess mine was manufactured in backwards-land. The lightning bolt symbol on mine (which should charge) allows me to synch. And the little circular arrow symbol allows me to charge !

To answer the original question... While the cord is connected (and set to SYNCH :lol: ) the orange charging light on my Ipaq blinks slowly while charging and stays solid once fully charged.

Hope this helps someone.
I know I feel better.

Happy Day
- Michael