View Full Version : Travel Software Updated

Brad Adrian
05-20-2002, 09:08 PM
http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&platformId=2&productType=2&catalog=0&sectionId=0&productId=19732

Two Peaks Software recently updated its Traveller application, releasing version 2.0. This is one of those kinds of programs that you cannot live without if you travel a lot and have to keep track of information like flight schedules, hotel reservations and itineraries.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/traveller.gif

Features of Traveller include:

• Easily organize every important detail about your flights, hotel stays, and car rentals.
• Support for custom travel events, such as limousine, rail or ferry rides, dining, meetings, entertainment and much more.
• Track all your frequent flyer programs, including account numbers, PINs, balances, elite status and recent activity.
• Expense Tracker that supports multiple international currencies, payment methods and categories.
• Easily export expense reports to .CSV format.
• Built in Currency Converter supporting over 30 major world currencies.
• Find distances between major US and global airports for single or multi-segment flights. Great for planning "mileage runs" or calculating ETA!
• Easily look up phone numbers of your travel provider when on the road. Traveller comes preloaded with toll-free numbers for all major airlines, hotels, and car rental companies.
• Synchronize itinerary information with your Pocket Outlook calendar.
• Intuitive, clean, and professionally designed user-interface that minimizes data entry and learns your travel preferences with use.

I've used this application since last October, and it's ended up as one of my favorites. Two features in particular appeal to me. First, there is a desktop version, which allows me to quickly enter information. Second, installing Traveller adds a couple of menu items to Calendar: "Flight Appointment" and "City Appointment." This means that I can enter appointments specific to a time zone, so when I travel and switch to a Visiting City, appointments shift accordingly. The Pocket PC and desktop versions together cost $30, which is at the extreme of my comfort level, but I've never regretted spending the money.

Marc Zimmermann
05-21-2002, 05:57 AM
Hopefully it's more stable than version 1.4 which has crashed on me several times after heavy editing, losing all my work.

Brad Adrian
05-21-2002, 04:57 PM
Hopefully it's more stable than version 1.4 which has crashed on me several times after heavy editing, losing all my work.

It's not crashed for me yet. However, I also use the desktop edition, which means I have a backup that can be pushed to the Pocket PC if needed.