View Full Version : Preferences of the PDA Cognoscenti

Jason Dunn
05-10-2002, 07:45 PM
<a href="http://www.compu2go.com/favepdas.html">http://www.compu2go.com/favepdas.html</a><br /><br />Compu2Go.com ran a most unusual poll - they asked individual web site owners what sort of PDA they use. Out of 19 people, five used a Jornada. Not bad at all! Check out the survey results and the comment - I didn't know they were going to publish my comment...<br /><br />"Ever wonder what PDA runs the brain behind your favourite website? How about your favourite eBook provider, columnist or writer? In the dedicated pursuit of meaningless statistics, Compu2go sent out many emails to many people, asking just that question: 'What do you use every day? Which Pocket PC -or whatever device- is it that you need to have in your pocket in order to face the day and breathe easy?' A good two-thirds of those asked 'fessed up, & without further ado I present the results (guaranteed current until... oh, yesterday? ;-)"

brntcrsp
05-10-2002, 07:53 PM
i counted an even split between the iPaqs and the Jornadas (6v6). Interesting in light of the merger news that had all Jornada users in dismay (myself included).

spg
05-10-2002, 09:17 PM
It was quite interesting to see the results of this, especially with HP cutting out the Jornada. To me that move just doesn't make sense, and this poll seems to indicate that same thing. Now a year ago, sure I would have dropped the Jornada line. But since the launch Pocket PC 2002 and the Jornada 560 series, things have evened out a whole lot. Maybe HP has some data that we don't or something, but from my perspective (even as an iPAQ user) it doesn't make sense.

brntcrsp
05-10-2002, 10:14 PM
Out of curiosity, what about the admins here? What Pocket PC do you use? (Already saw your response Jason.)

yvilla
05-11-2002, 01:34 PM
Only one Casio user. Amazing to me (a Casio user, of course). Just read the HP dust thread too--no dust in the Casios. :lol:

Hugh Nano
05-11-2002, 11:59 PM
I counted six iPAQs, not including the two that Chris de Herrera mentioned. Odd that you didn't mention that. But I guess you had the imminent demise of the Jornada in mind here...

marlof
05-12-2002, 02:39 PM
Although I still prefer the Jornada look and feel, I currently use an iPAQ 3870 as my most daily device. My Jornada only has 32 MB RAM (it's a 565), and has a dust problem. That's why I currently use an iPAQ, with bluetooth, 64 MB RAM and a dust free screen. But at days when I pick up my Jornada, I still wish I had the 568 if it had no dust, and had Bluetooth built in. Without dust and with Bluetooth I simply would like the Jornada better, especially in design and in battery life. I've seen and played with the Toshiba, and really love the design. But I don't like the battery life. I don't like the Casio E200 that much, as I think its industrial design is a joke. My taste, no offense meant to all users who use that one, and love to way it looks. To each his/her own, right? But in short: I have no device of preference. The one I use has flaws, and the one I'd prefer to use has flaws too.

heliod
05-12-2002, 03:50 PM
... you can count one Jornada more in. I have an Ipaq and a Jornada 568. The Ipaq is great as a Lab device, but with the sleeves it is too big and clumsy. The Jornada is perfect for going with me everyday.