View Full Version : PocketMac Pro in beta

marlof
04-22-2002, 09:52 AM
<a href="http://www.pocketmac.net/pocketmac_pro.htm">http://www.pocketmac.net/pocketmac_pro.htm</a><br /><br />The people at PocketMac are closing in on their target: a full Pocket PC/Mac sync tool. They now have release a Beta of PocketMac pro, the version that not only lets you install programs, and sync files, but also syncs to your Mac based PIM.<br /><br />"The BETA program is available to users of PocketMac Regular Edition who would like to try it while we're working on it. The final RELEASE of PocketMac Pro will be available for a $15 upgrade from the Regular Edition, regardless of whether you'd prefer to try the BETA now or wait for the RELEASE. If you would like to try the BETA now, please purchase the Regular Edition, and then download this form, complete it and fax it back to us. Please note: The BETA only synchronizes contacts at this point; calendar and tasks will arrive shortly."

Daniel
04-22-2002, 03:50 PM
Please don't think I'm being rude or anything, but can anyone confirm that they have used PocketMac successfuly?

I'm curious because I'll be buying a Mac pretty soon and want to make sure there aren't any gotchas with this software that seems to be the only alternative.

Thanks,
Daniel

ScotAG
04-22-2002, 10:37 PM
It's consistently NOT worked for me every time.

- ScottAG

XmanHP548
04-23-2002, 01:03 PM
And it has worked for me pretty well! Flawless exhange of files from the Compact Flash card and sucessful synch of files that reside on the Jornada.

I am waiting to try the Professional version until it goes final though. Don't want to put any Beta stuff on my machine!

Congrats on getting a Mac - I switched from a Pentium III Windows ME Dell and I have never looked back! :wink:

Daniel
04-24-2002, 03:40 AM
Macs rock, and I love OS X, but I haven't got it yet! :(

ScottAG: What config do you have? OS/PPC?
XManHP548: Obviously you have a Jornada, but what ver of Mac OS are you running it under?

Daniel

XmanHP548
04-25-2002, 07:04 PM
Running Pocketmac Regular Edition under OS X.1.3 and just updated to OS X.1.4 with no problems.

Hopefully they will release Pocketmac Professional Edition to work with the Jornada 548. (The beta DOESN'T.) I really want to synch up with Entourage X and have all my contact info and especially calendar dates loaded into that.

vhtt
05-29-2002, 04:08 AM
Will PocketMac Pro really be able to sync the Jornada 568?

Last I heard, the Pocket Mac people were waiting on the Jornada engineers to supply some of the needed specs. Now that the Jornada 568 has been dropped, will the Pocketmac still be able to support this?

I'm currently wondering if I should sell my Jornada because synchronisation with my Powerbook is very important.

If anyone knows anything about this, please fill me in. Thanks!