View Full Version : I got My Ipaq back from Compaq, and guess what.

ARabanJr
04-22-2002, 04:13 AM
I sent it Tuesday and got it Friday. Very fast. But guess what.
It did not come on when first started and when I did a soft reset it finally came on.

Yipeeee!!! Wait! Hold on.

Next morning I went to turn it on and we were back to zero. It did not turn on. Very frustrating when you spend $600 on something that doesn't work right.
I called Compaq and they wanted me to send it back. Again?!
I finally convinced the guy at Best Buys that I wasn't crazy and that the machine really was bad. I was able to get a new one.
I woke up this morning and guess what.
IT WORKED.
Good luck to all of you in this crazy situation.

God Bless.

seanturner
04-22-2002, 06:27 AM
How did you get a 1 day turnaround? They assured me they couldn't do that unless I bought a CarePaq...
:cry:

ARabanJr
04-23-2002, 01:01 AM
How did you get a 1 day turnaround? They assured me they couldn't do that unless I bought a CarePaq...
:cry:

I called Saturday and they told me that they I would recieve a box in 72 hours. I recieved the box Tuesday and sent it back that same day by calling the 800 number of Airborne Express for them to pick it up. The following Friday I had it back.
All was nice and great but it was not fixed.

I finally convinced the kid at Best Buys that it really was bad and I got an exchange.

seanturner
04-23-2002, 06:02 AM
A similar thing just happened to me....
I sent my iPaq in Thursday of last week, and I just got it back (its Monday now) with the backlight fixed. I was quite impressed with the turnaround time. However, they also somehow dropped it and scratched and chipped the bottom. I called them today and the customer service representative I talked to said that there was nothing she could do and that a manager would contact me tomorrow about getting my unit replaced.

seanturner
05-05-2002, 07:10 AM
I finally got a replacement and it seems to be working. :D