View Full Version : Compaq is very cool now

Sanjay Srikonda
04-19-2002, 07:19 PM
I had a problem with my compaq. it was one of the 3835's that had a serial number with a possible backlight issue. So, I called TS, they said they could repair it. I asked since it was less than 30 days old, could they replace it. The TS guy had to find out and would have somene call me the next day. I've read about horrible TS from Compaq so I didnt' give it another thought.

next day, sure enough a call from Monica Jenkins at Compaq. She said she wanted to verify my address for my new 3850 being shipped out to me. I was flabbergasted but cautious. She shipped it out to me next day and the next business day (Monday) their courier service came by and picked up the old one. Well, in the mail I just received a VERY VERY VERY nice umbrella from Compaq with a very nice note from Compaq.

Ok, now who expects THIS kind of Customer Service?

Not me.

Very nice and I'd very much like to thank Monica Jenkins and the original TS person I talked to.

seanturner
04-21-2002, 06:49 PM
I hate you... They assured me that unless I bought carepaq I had to send mine in... I sent mine in a week ago and now I've delved deep into depression. :cry:

Sanjay Srikonda
04-22-2002, 12:23 AM
Remember, my unit was less than a week old. I hadn't even passed the 30 day warranty.

I just happened to ask for what was entitled to me.

seanturner
04-23-2002, 06:05 AM
I sent my iPaq in Thursday of last week, and I just got it back (its Monday now) with the backlight fixed. I was quite impressed with the turnaround time. However, they also somehow dropped it and scratched and chipped the bottom. :cry: I called them today and the customer service representative I talked to said that there was nothing she could do and that a manager would contact me tomorrow about getting my unit replaced.

Bond
04-25-2002, 04:25 AM
sure enough a call from Monica Jenkins at Compaq

Umm, could you give me her extension? She seems to be one of the few reps that knows what to do over there :o

seanturner
04-25-2002, 06:50 AM
Me too please?

seanturner
05-05-2002, 07:15 AM
I finally got mine replaced and the new one seems to work. :D Good luck to all.