View Full Version : Subscribe to Pocket PC Magazine and support Thoughts

Jason Dunn
04-11-2002, 09:02 PM
<a href="http://www.pocketpcmag.com/store/asp/aftrack.asp?ID=13&Req=product.asp?product=63">http://www.pocketpcmag.com/store/asp/aftrack.asp?ID=13&Req=product.asp?product=63</a><br /><br />Pocket PC Magazine has a great partnership program with Pocket PC web sites - anyone who subscribes to the magazine from the link above will have 25% of the subscription fee donated to this site ($5 or so). I think it's great that Pocket PC Magazine is giving Pocket PC web sites the opportunity to be supported by our readers, while still giving you a good product.<br /><br />If you're not familiar with Pocket PC Magazine, I'd encourage you to check it out - they cover a broad range of categories, have some interesting stories from people in the Pocket PC community, and hey, they published a photo from my wedding, so I have to love 'em for that. :-) You can also get a subscription in eBook format - very cool for reading on the go.<br /><br />If you've ever considered subscribing to Pocket PC Magazine before and were waiting for a good reason, well, here it is!

van_mierlo
04-11-2002, 09:44 PM
It sounds like a great deal for you guys, but by the time a printed pc magazine arrives in our mailboxes it will be old news, especially for the ones who read your amazing site

leximaea
04-11-2002, 09:49 PM
PPC MAG also is available in reader format... they give you a download link. Nice and easy. Has good reference material and good for "showing off" your PPC.

So... if I subscribed earlier this year, do/did you still get 5 bucks? :roll:

Jason Dunn
04-11-2002, 10:55 PM
It sounds like a great deal for you guys, but by the time a printed pc magazine arrives in our mailboxes it will be old news

Magazines compete in different ways with web sites. You're right, a magazine is no longer the place to find "breaking news" - but they offer in-depth reporting that we don't, unique topics, and of course the unique personalities. :-) Something to consider - I've always learned something new from the magazine.

Hal Goldstein
04-12-2002, 04:59 PM
PPC MAG also is available in reader format... they give you a download link. Nice and easy. Has good reference material and good for "showing off" your PPC.

Yes. PocketPCThoughts will receive 25% of any 1 year or 2 year print or MS Reader subscription of Pocket PC magazine (subtracting overseas shipping which approximate are our actual costs)

Jason Dunn
04-12-2002, 05:14 PM

Heh - I wish! The answer would be no - people have to use the special subscription link in order for it to work. Thanks anyway though! :-)

Hal Goldstein
04-12-2002, 05:42 PM

Heh - I wish! The answer would be no - people have to use the special subscription link in order for it to work. Thanks anyway though! :-)

Jason, let's take this offline. The intention is that PPCThoughts should be credited for any subscription you are responsible for. Diane Dumas and Matt (our webmaster) thought the link from your site should go to a page that gives both MS Reader and print subscription options -- but I wanted to keep it simple. In the meantime, anyone that wants to subscribe to MS Reader version so that Jason gets credit should just follow his link to our subscribe page. On the left, you'll see a text link for MS Reader. Jason, we can also get you another banner for MS Reader subscriptions.

Hal Goldstein
04-12-2002, 06:02 PM
[quote=Leximaea]

Please ignore my last response. Guess I can't read very well :oops:
No, Jason, can't get credit for past orders.