View Full Version : iPaq 3800 FREEZES.....

tonyrxman
04-11-2002, 03:08 PM
Just purchased a new iPaq 3835 (after my 3650 bit the dust). I was expecting a smoother machine. What I got is a machine that I have to
keep soft resetting because the unit freezes up..
I did the tweaks they told me to do (no dashboard, disable start menu animation, increase cache fonts glyphs). This didnt seem to help...
Can anybody tell me whats wrong with these units??????

Wishing my iPaq 3650 was back, no problems with that,
Anthony ([email protected])

surfaday
04-12-2002, 04:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your woes. Have you tried a hard reset? Maybe something you installed is the culprit. Everything but the basics are lost in a hard reset and you can put extra software back one by one and see if the problem solves itself or recurs.

I would object to the tweaks that were suggested since many people are running dashboard and animations, etc with no problem - why shouldn't you?

I would say if a hard reset doesn't do it, you need to insist on an exchange.

Walt

tonyrxman
04-12-2002, 05:10 PM
Have you tried a hard reset? Maybe something you installed is the culprit. Everything but the basics are lost in a hard reset and you can put extra software back one by one and see if the problem solves itself or recurs.

Thanks for the reply....
Yes, I have tried a hard reset....but still the same........
So you think it is a software problem and not a problem with the iPaq 3800's??
I cant remember where, but I was at a forum that talk about problems with the 3800's?!?!
Do you recall hearing this???
Ant...ney...

surfaday
04-13-2002, 03:18 AM
If a hard reset doesn't fix it, I would say its a defective unit and you should call compaq for an exchange. Thats just my guess though.

Yes, there are several quirks, (ok, problems, if you insist), but I would not trade my ipaq for anything, I love it.

Walt

Take1
04-14-2002, 11:43 AM
Are you using an SD card? That sometimes causes my unit to lock-up. My SanDisk SD caused problems while my Toshiba SD has been trouble free.