View Full Version : Club Pocket PC

Hooch Tan
04-08-2002, 01:10 AM
I just wanted to check it out with everyone out there. I'm having problems signing up for the Club Pocket PC. Now, I've heard rumours that it's gone stagnant, or that it has gone the way of the 10 MB HD. Can anyone enlighten me as to why I have problems signing up?

I get an error right after signing into PassPort. The following is a clip of what I get.

----
Registration

The Wizard you are trying to access is no longer available
Please be sure to remove any bookmarks you have to this location on microsoft.com to avoid the error in the future.

----

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Beth from Microsoft
04-09-2002, 07:56 PM
Hi fyresyght - in answer to your question - Club Pocket PC is alive and well (ok maybe off kilter now and then, but well). The site itself is updated daily with fun content like Did Ya Know and Chattern - Club is touring around the world for both User Group Meetings and Fan Fests (next stop UK) - and we are busy working on some major changes for the site over the summer - so YES! Please join! As far as the error goes, I tried to duplicate and was not able to - this sounds like a Passport issue. My suggestion - try again later - if is still doesn't work - please post that here and I'll engage Passport support to see what we can do!

Happy Clubbing - Beth from Microsoft

Hooch Tan
04-09-2002, 09:16 PM
Woohoo! I never expected to hear from the people running Club Pocket PC! Kudos to you, Beth for your involvement in the community!

I've tried again to sign up to the same effect. I've done this over the past 2 days, over three different computers. I feel so rejected! ;) I will keep on trying though. I have sent in an email to try and get the issue resolved with the Microsoft.com support team, and they've forwarded it to the appropriate people. But if I don't hear from them in a couple of days, I'll definately let you know.

As a side note, there doesn't seem to be an user group that services the Toronto reigon and a couple of people and I are looking to start one up. Do you have any suggestions or tips to get manufacturers or even someone from Microsoft to come by and make a presentation? I'm trying to get the ball rolling, but I need some incentive for people from the surrounding areas to go to a meet. Thanks in advance for anything you can suggest!

Beth from Microsoft
04-10-2002, 07:27 PM
Hmm...try sending mail to Microsoft.com support again, but this time say it needs to be sent to the Passport team. That may help. Funny you mention Toronto - we have a couple of MVPs - Jason Dunn and Rob Borek up in CA and perhaps we could get one or both of them to be a guest speaker at your first meeting. Also - you should apply to join this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pocketpcleaders/ as they can help get you started (there's even a kit you get from Club Pocket PC - they'll tell you how).

At any rate - I hope you get to join - we love all Pocket PC users at Club Pocket PC - and I hope to make a trip to Canada very soon!

Beth

Paragon
04-10-2002, 08:17 PM
fyresyght

Maybe this time with a bit of help from Beth and the likes we can make it happen. As we both have said in the past there seems to be enough people in the region. I think we just need something to give it that first time kick. Beth said she would send me a users group kit (thanks Beth) Meanwhile maybe we can start to think about where and when.

Is there going to be a Comdex in Toronto again this July, if so perhaps we could plan something around that.... Comdex and FanFests... don't they usually go together :-)

My e-mail address is [email protected]

Dave

Hooch Tan
04-10-2002, 09:13 PM
That sounds good to me. It does seem that things are falling into place a bit more. I'm more than willing to rent out a decent room so we could have a presentation. Comdex Toronto is July 10-12, so that's far enough in the future to build up some hype! It's being held at the MTCC, and I know a few places downtown, so I'll email you with some details as soon as I find them out.