View Full Version : Screen alignment problem!

hades
04-06-2002, 02:14 AM
I have a brand new 3765 (3 months old) and it recently (out of the blue) began to loose the screen alignment. It's really strange because I didn't drop it or anything and there's not a single scratch on the screen (well, at least not visible ones).

If I do a hard reset then it works, but within 5 or 10 minutes of use the screen alignment goes crazy again. Everything else works perfectly... the stylus input is ok, but it's always shifted to the bottom left.

Did anyone have this problem before? It looks like a software problem... I just installed all the latest updates from Compaq to see if it would solve the problem, but it didn't.

Thanks a lot!

mclaughlinc
04-06-2002, 04:02 AM
I saw this when I had my 3630 IPAQ and used the PC expansion sleeve with a CF card. I also had a hard time realianing my screen with the expansion sleeve on. I had to take it off and then it would work fine for re alianing the screen. Then I would put the expansion sleeve back on and it would work for awhile before I had to do it all over again.

Richardo233
05-06-2002, 08:24 PM
My friends and I formerly owned ipaq 3765s, and the same exact problem occured. The alignment of the screen was off by a significant 2 centimeters, and caused the unit to disable all virtually all functions. I didn't see any effect from an expansion pack, as I use one on a daily basis. Most likeley it is a software problem, since our iPAQ's were in perfect condition and never suffered a fall. Therefore, I can't see how it could be volatile of a hardware problem (unless I used software and it wasn't compatable, but I can't recall any other software besides Windows-based programs). I would notify Compaq and check to see if there is any waranty in effect. Unfortunately, I lost the warranty, and the Compaq customer service idiots are idiots and I can't get in touch with anyone who is compitent. Good luck anyway! -Rick

Richardo233
06-18-2002, 08:41 PM
Where did you get your software updates???

kevdawg2003
10-23-2002, 05:51 PM
i was going to post the same thing. has anyone found a way to fix this probelm?

aussie
11-06-2002, 05:15 PM
I was just about to post myself. It seems only to happen when a jacket is attached either CF or PC Card sleeves.

It is a big issue as it makes wireless surfing though PIE using a 1xRTT PC card impossible - unfortunately unless someone has any ideas the card is useless (expensive experiment).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.