View Full Version : MP3 HELp on new pocketpc

gw817
03-31-2002, 04:25 AM
Just got the audiovox pocketpc (made by toshiba). I am completely new to PDAs, 1st one ever....Anyway, I've been downloading mp3 to my compact flash card. Some mp3 play just fine, while others give me a message "Windows Media Player cannot find the file. You may not be connected to the network, the fil emay have moved, or you may have entered an incorrect file name or path." I am clicking from the compact flash directory. I am downloading and opening all my files the same way. Why do some files not play?

seanturner
04-13-2002, 09:25 AM
Is it possible that instead of copying the files you instead copied a short cut to the files? Try recopping the mp3's.

Steven Cedrone
04-13-2002, 03:25 PM
Do you have a Compact Flash card reader connected to your PC? (is that how you are moving files to the card). If so, can you play the songs that are on the card on your PC without errors? Also, did the songs play OK on the PC before you moved them to the CF card?

Steve

gw817
04-13-2002, 10:57 PM
I am copying the mp3s directly to the compact flash card installed on my pocket pc via the craddle. Yes, the files worked normally. I have heard people using 65kb Windows Media Files to save memory. What do people think of that?

seanturner
04-16-2002, 05:44 AM
Try putting them in main memory and seeing if that eliminates the problem. If it does, chances are you either have a bad CF card or a bad sleve. I have had a bad pcmcia sleve which would cause a bunch of errors on a network wireless transfer, yet the files still copied, just not correctly. It could be that all your files are being slightly corrupted, its just that some are more corrupted and, as thus, aren't playing.

lar3ry
04-16-2002, 01:31 PM
Why do some files not play?

Check the files on your PC. Is there any chance they are VBR (variable bit-rate)? If so, a number of players on smaller devices are unable to handle them. I am not sure about WMP on PPC, but it sure was true on my daughter's new MP3 player.