View Full Version : Bluetooth IM app for IPAQ?

mclaughlinc
03-22-2002, 12:50 AM
Has anybody seen a Bluetooth IM app for the Pocket PC. I'm looking for something that does not require a web connection like MSN Messager.

Thanks,

Aaron
04-19-2002, 03:02 PM
I've been searching for the same thing for about 3 weeks and I haven't found anything! MS Portrait is a great product for 802.1x, if only they had a BT version.

Jason Dunn
04-19-2002, 05:15 PM
Check out www.pocketpclife.co.uk - they had an article on the Mobility Conference and there was a cool Bluetooth chat-type application....

Aaron
04-19-2002, 05:38 PM
Thanks Jason. I found an article on their site describing a chat-type app supporting BT.

http://www.pocketpclife.co.uk/newsdetails.asp?article=782

jbot
04-24-2002, 05:36 AM
I too have been searching for A bluetooth messenger or chat application. The closest thing I've found is IR-Messenger. The problem with monkey messenger is that it requires an SMS message service (GSM phone). I think the application in question here would be a stand-alone messenger, that would communicate to any available bluetooth device in range directly, not through a cell phone or message server. I plan on writing the application myself, and am in the process of finding more information on the bluetooth specs, and the BT stack driver for my iPaq 3870. I'm not sure how feasable this whole idea is, but I think it's worth looking into.