View Full Version : JS Landscape 3.02 - Any Problems?

DrtyBlvd
03-18-2002, 02:13 AM
Anyone had any issues with the latest release at all?

newst
03-18-2002, 05:07 PM
Tried to install it Friday. The software loads it's own version of a .dll that conflicts with Calligrapher's edition of the .dll. Result, the machine locks up and only removing both batteries and starting over from scratch solves it.

However, I really don't need either Landscape or Calligrapher so I'll just leave them both off of my machine.

DrtyBlvd
03-18-2002, 05:12 PM
They have released a version that works with Callig - I can't believe you don't need it - I think I would be akin to a one legged man in a butt kicking contest without it!

Check the website for LS3.02.

newst
03-19-2002, 05:27 PM
Stop the presses. The problems I had with Landscape may not have been the software's fault. My E-200 has just nose dived...the memory has completely locked up. A hard reset, even pulling both batteries for hours, has done nothing to reset the machine. Casio suport just told me to return it to them for repair/replacement.

This is the second E-200 to die on me since Christmas. My E-115 never gave me a bit of trouble from te first day it was released...in fact I'll be going back to it while awaiting my "next" E-200. It appears that Casio's quality control has taken a nose dive.

Steve

DrtyBlvd
03-19-2002, 08:33 PM
Commiseration's.

Out of curiousity - do you rate the 200 as better than the E115? (Current probs not withstanding of course!)

newst
03-20-2002, 07:20 PM
In my opinion the E-200 is a superior tool. It is faster, has more memory, it's lighter in weight, it has greater interface capacity (SD, Compactflash, USB and soon PCMCIA). In addition I really like clear type technology, text is much more readable.

On the other hand the E-115 has features that I wish were retained on the E-200 including the TFT display screen, a door to keep the CF slot covered, a stylus that doesn't do double duty as a toothpick and a ruggedness of construction that gives the impression of durability and quality as opposed to the E-200 construction that feels more like a K-Mart blue light special.

Steve

DrtyBlvd
03-20-2002, 07:29 PM
A K-Mart Blue Light Special??

:lol: ROFL