View Full Version : Back home, alive and well

Jason Dunn
03-15-2002, 06:45 PM
As you've seen from the new posts in the last 24 hours, the Pocket PC Thoughts team that was at Mobius/CeBIT is back home safe and sound. I feel like I've been hit by a truck - the time zone shift is far worse on the way back. I felt fine over there (other than the late nights), but I could have used a few more hours of sleep today. It's great to be home.<br /><br />Have we got some cool information for you! I took over a hundred photos CeBIT, so I'll be posting information about CeBIT and what I learned at Mobius over the next few days. We'll follow a "Day" format where I'll upload pieces of a daily journal I was keeping during the Mobius conference. Stay tuned!<br /><br />Special thanks to Sam for keeping the site going while the rest of the team was jetting around the globe.

Jne
03-15-2002, 06:58 PM
I'm posting right now from CeBIT's public WiFi :)
The PocketPC fan fest was also very good.
Time to go back to the hotel ;)

JohnnyFlash
03-15-2002, 07:06 PM
Have we got some cool information for you! I took over a hundred photos

Jason, I am going for CeBIT tomorrow morning (european time).

I am very very very interested in MS Smartphone. Could you tell me what companies, at what stands in CeBIT have presented it or tools for it? (I would love to visit them)

JonnoB
03-15-2002, 08:58 PM
I feel like I've been hit by a truck - the time zone shift is far worse on the way back. I felt fine over there (other than the late nights), but I could have used a few more hours of sleep today. It's great to be home.

Glad you made it back safely. Those reverse time-zone trips are hard. When I travel to Asia, I always find it amusing to land a few hours before I left....

Have we got some cool information for you! I took over a hundred photos CeBIT, so I'll be posting information about CeBIT and what I learned at Mobius over the next few days. We'll follow a "Day" format where I'll upload pieces of a daily journal I was keeping during the Mobius conference. Stay tuned!

Can't wait... I am sure those images will eat up some of the hosting bandwidth!

st63z
03-15-2002, 09:41 PM
What a relief you're back home safe and sound! For a while there I'd thought you were that Canadian "cyborg" electronics junkie who got strip-searched by airport security and had electrodes pulled off his body such that he had to be wheelchaired off the runway.

Or maybe it was that OTHER Canadian :D

Tycho Morgan
03-15-2002, 09:47 PM
My time is going to be scarce (ie. non-existant) for the weekend.

You might see something from me in the next 2 and a half hours, but if you don't, don't expect anything till sunday evening at the earliest...

Sorry about this folks...

Cheers,

Sam

Aceze
03-18-2002, 11:57 PM
What a relief you're back home safe and sound! For a while there I'd thought you were that Canadian "cyborg" electronics junkie who got strip-searched by airport security and had electrodes pulled off his body such that he had to be wheelchaired off the runway.

Or maybe it was that OTHER Canadian :D

You're most likely talking about Steve Mann (from UofT). Pfah, I think he's just a big frikkin gimmick, and his whole division is a waste of time and money (then again - you wouldnt believe some of the other money wasters they got going here anyway...).

Aceze