View Full Version : New PocketPC smaller than the Palm Vx @ Cebit???

Aceze
03-15-2002, 06:20 PM
Quote from Dale's site:
"...But wait till you get a look at the smallest Pocket PC of all! It is a device that will be coming out to North America later this year and it is a full fledged Pocket PC that is physically smaller than a PalmV form factor.... AMAZING! It isn't really out and they didn't have a device that I could demo with so I will be really amazed after it actually comes out and we can see the quality and operation. "

What the heck is this? Anyone at Cebit have any pictures of this sucker?
Come to think of it, anyone know any websites with information of what's going on at Cebit (from the portability standpoint)?

Aceze

Jason Dunn
03-15-2002, 06:28 PM
Dale beat me home - I have some text and pics coming of this device...

TomB
03-17-2002, 12:24 AM
We are all dying to hear about the Fujitsu and the mysterious smaller PDA!! When can we expect to see and hear about this stuff?

MacBirdie
03-19-2002, 01:34 PM
Fujitsu Siemens Pocket LOOX's form factor is pretty much the size of a Casio E-200 but more slick and besides a 400MHz XScale processor and built-in Bluetooth it doesn't differ from other PocketPCs on the market too much. It's a very nice product though, I can't wait to have my hands on it :twisted:

But what's the misterious Vx-like machine? Hurry up Jason, I'm ready to drool over this one too :D

TomB
03-22-2002, 06:29 PM
Jason, Maybe I missed this someplace else on your site - but what is the mystery PDA?

Take1
03-23-2002, 08:41 AM
If The smaller-than-PalmVx PPC is real.... I'm going to guess it's going to use alot of new technology to get down to that size (fuel cells, OLED, xScale, etc.) .

Imagine all the Palm zealots having convulsions over losing about the only thing they have left to justify their platform's existance.

Aceze
03-25-2002, 06:55 PM
All I've been able to gather is that this device is made by Mitac... Come on Jason, spill the beans already!!!

"Before ze Germans get here"
Aceze

disciple
03-26-2002, 01:07 PM
This is a real nice gadget to have :lol: ........ will it make it and get into consumers hands or just another prototype thing??