View Full Version : Update for Casio E-200

marlof
03-13-2002, 04:19 PM
<a href="http://www.casio.com/support/index.cfm?page=/support/Software/cassSoftware.html">http://www.casio.com/support/index.cfm?page=/support/Software/cassSoftware.html</a><br /><br />Casio has released a new update for the Casio E-200 Pocket PC, called the Protection Enhancement Pack 1.0. "E-200 Protection Enhancement Pack 1.00 (Protection Enhancement Pack) strengthens protection of the flash memory area against improper access due to software operational errors and other causes." Source: Marc Zimmermann and Roel Martens.

entropy1980
03-13-2002, 04:43 PM
Makes me wonder if this is a problem across all Pocket PC's or if it is only a casio problem? Seems casio is on top of updates while the other PPC companies drag and kick their feet.

hfann
03-13-2002, 04:54 PM
I'm glad that I stick with Casio. :D

Chairman Clench
03-13-2002, 05:04 PM
I sure wish Compaq or M$ released fixes with the same response time that Casio does. Heck, I wish Compaq or M$ relased fixes at ALL. I have had my 3835 since October and am STILL waiting for fixes for basic broken functionality.

JoeThielen
03-13-2002, 09:54 PM
This is like the 5th update for the E-200... wow!

I've been looking forward to something like this. The Flash memory is a pain... VERY slow. And with some apps (I've noticed it alot with CodeWallet Pro) after you access the file/app once, the next time you try the file is gone, and you have to reset. A pain. In any case, I'm going to back up and try this tonight.

I just wish MS would hurry up and fix the stupid FTP problem (the FTP library used by MS eVB causes all FTP logins to be anonymous... even if you supply a login name and password... it's SOOO STUPID).

If they would do that AND fix repeating reminders, I think PocketPC2002 would be that much better!

Congrats to Casio for pumping this stuff out!

Marc Zimmermann
03-13-2002, 10:26 PM
Anonymous FTP is hardwired into Pocket IE, not eVB.

JoeThielen
03-14-2002, 04:38 PM
Anonymous FTP is hardwired into Pocket IE, not eVB.

Then why does my (and I know others have this problem) eVB application which uses FTP facilities fail to work on a PocketPC2002 device when not using an anonymous account?