View Full Version : They just "Power On" by themselves

ojlittle
03-12-2002, 06:31 AM
I've got an E-200 & Audiovox Maestro & both of them power on by themselves....No alarms set, nothing set to make them come on. Generally, I turn them off when in the cradle & they both power back on within 1-2 minutes. (Only 1 is connected at a time) Now I just saw my Maestro do it while it was sitting on my desk. No power connected to it & not in the cradle. It's really annoying. Anyone have a fix or know what the problem is? Thanks.

ojlittle

Dave Conger
03-12-2002, 06:53 AM
I've got an E-200 & Audiovox Maestro & both of them power on by themselves....No alarms set, nothing set to make them come on. Generally, I turn them off when in the cradle & they both power back on within 1-2 minutes. (Only 1 is connected at a time) Now I just saw my Maestro do it while it was sitting on my desk. No power connected to it & not in the cradle. It's really annoying. Anyone have a fix or know what the problem is? Thanks.

ojlittle

I have notice a similar issue with my iPAQ. You plug it in to sync...sync, and then turn the device off while there is still a connection to the computer. You can either leave it in the cradle or take it off, but either way it will turn back on. If you pull it from the cradle while it is on, wait a second (for AS to realize there was a disconnect) and then turn it off, it doesn't come back on.

I know that isn't a fix...but a similar situation with the iPAQ too.

cbolvin
03-12-2002, 08:26 PM
I was able to fix that problem by changing the ActiveSync settings on my iPAQ. I was also seeing my unit turn itself on after disconnecting from my laptop.

From the Start button, go to ActiveSync then select TOOLS and OPTIONS. Tap the SCHEDULE tab and remove the checks on the first two boxes. I tapped OK then did a soft reset and my iPAQ doesn't turn itself on anymore.

ojlittle
03-13-2002, 01:34 AM
Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot.

Lotak
03-30-2002, 06:08 PM
I have my ipaq set to only sync manually, but lately it has still been turning itself back on after a couple minutes while it's in the cradle. It's mildly frustrating, now that I think about it... :x