View Full Version : I just bought a new 567, need some advice

Hotchkissfire1
03-11-2002, 05:44 PM
I just bought a 567, upgrading from an early model Visor Deluxe, which I never connected to the net. I’m looking a buying a modem for my new HP, probably not a wireless set-up because of my rural location. I can usually find a phone jack and I haven’t seen a set-up that I can use on AT&T. Am I wrong about this?

Should I get a PC card adapter, then a modem to fit it, or just go for a CF Modem?

Since I’m a newbie at this, I’m also wondering if I will be able to dial up my regular ISP, netzero? Or AOL?

One more question about CF. Is there any disadvantage in using large capacity cards, like speed or battery use? Is it better to have two smaller cards?

I hope you folks have some patience with me on these dumb questions. I looked around the net, and this forum really seemed to have the best discussions about Jornadas.

Tycho Morgan
03-11-2002, 11:31 PM
I'd go for the CF modem becuae its far more likly that there will a) be drivers, b) that it'll suck less power.

I don't think you'll mind the lower package price and the lighet carying weight...

Cheers,
Sam