View Full Version : New build of Microsoft ActiveSync out

spg
03-02-2002, 01:32 AM
I just found out that a new build of ActiveSync version 3.5 is out. I'm not sure what the improvements are they have released it kinda quietly. The new build is number 12007. To download the new build visit http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/downloads/activesync35.asp

Update: PocketNow.com had some info on what has changed - "Microsoft has done some reorganizing of options and added ActiveSync Server configuration options into a new build of ActiveSync 3.5."

burmashave
03-02-2002, 03:32 AM
Hoping in vain that MS would improve ActiveSync, I just installed it. There are few changes that I can see. The rules tab now has a "Pass Through" setting for Internet access in the cradle, and I think there are new options for conflict resolution.

But wait there's more. If you upgrade now (from version 3.5 to version 3.5), you get the usual MS bonus load of bugs. In the short time it's been installed, it disconnected my PPC each time I accessed the file menu on the desktop manager. The first time this happened, I had to kill the wcesmgr, wcescomm, and reset my PPC. The second time it happened, wcescomm pegged my CPU (1 GHZ) until I could finally get the task manager up to kill it. I'm going to uninstall the "improved" version.

Your results may vary; however, I would give it a miss.

And why is it MS has such an economy on numbers? Can't they give a new release a new release number instead of expecting users to track down the build numbers?

gfreeman
03-06-2002, 03:25 PM
I suppose it's too much to ask that I can set up new ActiveSync to sync an entire folder on my PC with a folder on my PPC storage card ...

Can't seem to do this with build 1176.

It's driving me crazy!