View Full Version : ipaq 3850 screen off utility

barny
03-01-2002, 04:29 PM
I'm looking for a utility (freeware preferably) that will turn the screen off on my ipaq running PocketPC 2002

- any utilities I've found to date to get over this new 'non feature' have been for different hardware (eg Casio, etc) - any suggestions?

The idea is to conserve power / prevent button presses when being used as an mp3 player,

thanks

Dave Conger
03-01-2002, 08:34 PM
I'm looking for a utility (freeware preferably) that will turn the screen off on my ipaq running PocketPC 2002

- any utilities I've found to date to get over this new 'non feature' have been for different hardware (eg Casio, etc) - any suggestions?

The idea is to conserve power / prevent button presses when being used as an mp3 player,

thanks

On my 3640 I just hold down the power button for a couple seconds and the backlight on the screen turns off. With the backlight off, my battery life goes up quite a bit (over hour car ride with a PCMCIA sleeve attached and both devices had very very little battery loss). Usually then I can still kind of see the screen if I decide I need to change the song.

Teddy
03-07-2002, 10:58 AM
Have you tried this?
http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=2755&associateid=6

TMAN
03-11-2002, 11:04 PM
You can configure Media Player to turn the screen off while it is playing. I have Media Player set to turn off the screen when I press the calendar button.

This turns the screen off, not just the backlight. If I am listening to Audible content I usually open Media Player as well so I can toggle the screen.

This works like a charm.