View Full Version : New software coming from Jimmy Software

Jason Dunn
02-23-2002, 12:26 AM
<a href="http://www.jimmysoftware.com/index.html">http://www.jimmysoftware.com/index.html</a><br /><br />Jimmy Software has been one of the most innovative software houses since the Palm-size PC of 1998, yet for the past few months they've been pretty quiet about new products. Now I know why! Rene Canlas found the following gems that will be announced (perhaps released?) at ceBit in a few weeks.<br /><br />JS HAXMaster 1.0 Development Tool<br />• Library for developers to hook any Windows CE API.<br /><br />JS Landscape 3.0 (Free upgrade for JS Landscape 2.0 users) <br />• Any resolution. <br />• Any rotation. <br />• No reset required. <br />• Support all model of PocketPC 2002.<br /><br />JS IEXtension 1.0 <br />• Run multiple instant Pocket Internet Explorer. <br />• View HTML source. <br />• Run Pocket IE in full screen mode. <br />• Save web page or avango page as text file.<br /><br />JS KeyXtension 1.0 <br />• Definable Multi-lingual keyboard for any language to be input on Pocket PC 2002.

Mike Wagstaff
02-23-2002, 12:33 AM
JS Landscape 3.0 + JS IEXtension 1.0 = a dream ticket for webmasters. :)

QYV
02-23-2002, 12:58 AM
No reset??? I thought that was impossible...now I'm sorry I got NYDITOT's Virtual Display. No-reset-required resolution and landscape changes would be a dream come true.

JohnnyFlash
02-23-2002, 01:22 AM
Any rotation? Now <U>that</U> would be interesting! :wink:

Rirath
02-23-2002, 01:36 AM
It's times like this I actually start to wish I had an Ipaq over my Jornada 525, so I could care about anything Jimmy releases. I still can't even touch Pocket Doom. :x Oh well, enjoy.

Venturello
02-23-2002, 01:38 AM
Well, Jimmysoftware KEEPS doing the impossible.

Landscape with no reset sounds like a DREAM, and as another person said, I thought it was undoable...

The new IEXtension program sounds COOL although there are similar progs around - full screen is going to be GREAT.

Will buy them, as usual, theirs is QUALITY software.

JonathanWardRogers
02-23-2002, 02:28 AM
:D
Can we get one for all PPC2002s?

Sven Johannsen
02-23-2002, 03:31 AM
No reset? Hmm, if Jimmy can do it, Nyditot likely won't be far behind. They can't afford to be or they'll be way behind. I'll wait to see how the unsolicited reviews go, and what Nyditot announces before I jump ship.

tonyv
02-23-2002, 04:24 AM
If they can do any resolution without reset, (which doesn't surprise me -- they can already go between zoom and unzoom modes without reset), then they are very close to the ultimate utility, which would automatically adjust the display for the currently displayed app, by consulting the settings in a datastore. Thus you could run at 640x480 in landscape mode while web-surfing, but automaticially switch to standard mode for another app. I'd simply have it remember whatever mode you last used with a particular app, and restore it the next time it was invoked.

I hope they've already thought of this... I'd hate to have to wait for version 4 to get it right.

Mr. Anonymous
02-23-2002, 06:52 AM
Hmm..HAXMaster sounds rather like HackMaster/TrapWeaver on the PalmOS. Could ber very interesting....

disconnected
02-24-2002, 05:50 PM
Multiple instances of IE??

Is that like MultIE on PPC2000, where you could open a link in a new window, and then close the new window to get back where you were?
I really miss this feature. The only problem with it was that if you were using any kind of compression, like Bluekite, it didn't carry over to the new window; I hope this new app will suppport the compression on all instances.

whoopus
02-25-2002, 04:45 AM
then they are very close to the ultimate utility, which would automatically adjust the display for the currently displayed app, by consulting the settings in a datastore. Thus you could run at 640x480 in landscape mode while web-surfing, but automaticially switch to standard mode for another app. I'd simply have it remember whatever mode you last used with a particular app, and restore it the next time it was invoked.

I hope they've already thought of this... I'd hate to have to wait for version 4 to get it right.

I agree! That would make my 32MB Rom 3630 iPaq one of the ultimate PocketPCs at work and even more of an indispensable tool than ever! Go Jimmy!!!

Mark