View Full Version : Compaq iPAQ 3760 Pocket PC Trade In and Trade Up program

marlof
02-22-2002, 01:02 AM
<a href="http://www.compaq.co.uk/campaigns/ipaqppc/index.stm">http://www.compaq.co.uk/campaigns/ipaqppc/index.stm</a><br /><br />Compaq UK has a new campaign. As their writing is too good to let go, I'll just quote: "Regretting buying that monochrome, paperweight PDA relic of yesteryear? Embarrassed to take out your current PDA in meetings? Tired of squinting at a tiny grey screen? Wondering how you can bring what you do on your PC on the move with you in bright clear sharp colour, with video, sounds, music, and all your favourite Microsoft applications like Word, Excel and Outlook? Wishing you had a Pocket PC that seemlessly syncs with your main PC, and allows you to access your email, surf the web and make use of 'dead time' on the move? <br /><br />Great News! Compaq are offering a Trade In rebate of £30 worth of Capital Bond Vouchers to any customer who buys a Compaq iPAQ H3760 Pocket PC. This offer applies to purchases from any UK Compaq authorised partner between 14th February and 31st March 2002. To qualify, simply send your old PDA* with a copy of proof of purchase dated between the above dates and a completed claim form to the address below. "<br /><br />In the <a href="http://www.compaq.co.uk/campaigns/ipaqppc/terms_conditions.stm">Terms and Conditions</a> PDA is defined as: PDA's which meet the following criteria: A) it must be non-Pocket PC OS and B) it must be of a non-keyboard variety. Now let me see. A non-Pocket PC OS device without a keyboard that uses yesteryear's technology and has a tiny greyscale screen? Sounds vaguely familiar....<br /><br />Source: Marc Zimmermann

michael
02-22-2002, 02:45 AM
Wow! A whole thirty pounds??? Thats so generous!

Dave Conger
02-22-2002, 05:04 AM
Wow! A whole thirty pounds??? Thats so generous!

$42 US...not bad if you have an old device you don't use anymore lying around and want to get a newer iPAQ anyways. I would expect that they would do something like this in the US to try to see out the rest of their 3760 devices before something new and better comes out.

kagayaki1
02-22-2002, 05:17 AM
Yeah, $42 USD isn't too bad, especially considering the saturation on the used market for any of these "trade-in devices" that qualify (P-A-L-M, duh). Try to get that price on E-bay, with no accesories, after shipping, fees, etc.

philfp
02-22-2002, 12:33 PM
PDA is defined as: PDA's which meet the following criteria: A) it must be non-Pocket PC OS and B) it must be of a non-keyboard variety.

Hmm... they're so subtle!

Do mobile phones with onboard calendar count? I can get one for less than £30!

Scott R
02-22-2002, 03:35 PM
What about one of those $10-20 organizers you can buy? I forget the model, but I know of one that has the same portrait screen orientation without keyboard. I never bothered to look at the price, though, so maybe it's a bit higher. I remember seeing it at BJ's.

Scott

philfp
02-22-2002, 03:41 PM
What about one of those $10-20 organizers you can buy? I forget the model, but I know of one that has the same portrait screen orientation without keyboard. I never bothered to look at the price, though, so maybe it's a bit higher. I remember seeing it at BJ's.

Certainly worth a try. Mind you, I'd only consider it if it were for the Compaq 3870. Since I already have a 3630 model, the upgrade isn't worth it. I want the SD slot and the Bluetooth chip onboard. Against that, 30 quid doesn't seem a large dent in an all too large bill.

Phil

jim s
02-22-2002, 05:27 PM
Well I don't know what a Capital Bond Voucher is, but it sounds like it is something that will be worth the face value sometime in the future.

Marc Zimmermann
02-23-2002, 08:13 AM
In the Terms and Conditions PDA is defined as: PDA's which meet the following criteria: A) it must be non-Pocket PC OS and B) it must be of a non-keyboard variety.

That would even include Palm-size PCs such as the Nino 200/300, Aero 1500 (without the Pocket PC ROM) and Cassiopeia E-10/11/15 series.