View Full Version : Welcome aboard to MARGI Systems and Dooblo!

Jason Dunn
02-19-2002, 02:35 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the companies who sponsor this site by running banner ads help keep the lights on and they're helping to finance further development of features. I'm very pleased to announce two new sponsors: MARGI Systems and Dooblo.<br /><br />Most of you will know <a href="http://www.margi.com">MARGI Systems</a> as the people who created the excellent Presenter-To-Go system. If you're not familiar with this awesome mobile PowerPoint presentation solution, I'd encourage you to check it out. I was impressed with their product back in the PCMCIA days, and their new CompactFlash version is a great all-in-one bundle for those of you with Type II slots on your Pocket PCs. There's been a recent price drop on the product down to $199, which includes the CompactFlash card, software, and an infrared remote.<br /><br /><a href="http://www.dooblo.com/">Dooblo</a> is a newer player in the Pocket PC world, but they make some innovative software. Folder Size gives you a graphical display of where your storage space has gone, which is great for keeping things lean and mean on your Pocket PC. Dooblo Dates, gives you a better grasp of important upcoming dates and events.

Robotbeat
02-19-2002, 05:19 AM
///This post is untasteful, so I decided to remove it. Look at the posts beyond this one to see what I originally wrote.\\\

JMountford
02-19-2002, 05:33 AM
hey hey, I have no clue about the Margi systems stuff it sounds great, but I have never found a use for Power POint. I don't do presentations. I write things and do art. Anyway I do have to give major congrats to Ofer and Dooblo. I had just received an Email from him saying they were working on a new business strategy. I hope this works for them. I do know that they just released ver. 1.5.2 of Dooblo Dates and that they are working on a ver. 2.

People if nothing else Ofer does a GREAT job of customer satisfaction! He always replies promptly to my emails with a personal responce! I have the utmost appreciation for theit Customer Service model. To top that off Dooblo Dates is a Fantastic App and they are working on ways to make it even better. Dooblo DOES listen to the input from their users whether registered or not.

I just can not say enough about Dooblo. I wish them the best.

BTW I am not paid by them or affiliated with them in any way. I am just a "Dooblo Power User"

You should certainly check them out IMHO

dreampages
02-19-2002, 05:35 AM
Margi is a great company with great products. I met with their CEO at Comdex and he knows what he's doing. Can't say that for alot of the CEOs I met with there. They have very high quality products. We've sold a bunch of their CF and PCMCIA cards and never had a return. They are available at http://www.dreampages.com?aff=pocketpcthoughts&page=bprestool.html

The CF model can be used with all Pocket PCs. The PCMCIA modem can be used with all Pocket PC that have a PCMCIA sleeve or adapter. They are currently available for the iPAQs and Jornadas.

Larry

Jason Dunn
02-19-2002, 06:44 AM
Pfft... Dex-plore lets you see the folder size for free, also, besides a ton of other stuff. Looks like registering that program will cost $11, only $3 less than Dex-plor and with a barely recognizably tiny fraction of the functionality of Dex-plor.

It's incredibly tasteless for you to hack on one of my site sponsors in their welcome message. There's a time and place for everything - this is not one of them. :evil:

Jason Dunn
02-19-2002, 06:45 AM
The CF model can be used with all Pocket PCs.

Not quite...I can't use it with my Jornada because it's a Type II card. :-)

Daniel
02-19-2002, 04:46 PM
Pfft... Dex-plore lets you see the folder size for free, also, besides a ton of other stuff. Looks like registering that program will cost $11, only $3 less than Dex-plor and with a barely recognizably tiny fraction of the functionality of Dex-plor.
It's incredibly tasteless for you to hack on one of my site sponsors in their welcome message. There's a time and place for everything - this is not one of them. :evil:

One would hope that your site visitors would be smart enough not to take one comment to heart Jason; the comment is a bit harsh though. I'm sure the quality of Margi's products will be borne out by the numerous satisfied people that purchase it via the ad. :)
I did try Dex-plore, I didn't really find it that useful myself, but that's probably just my personal preference.

daniel

spg
02-19-2002, 07:29 PM

Uggh, come on and think before you speak Robotbeat. :evil:

I love Margi's products, Presenter-to-go is so cool! As for Dooblo they also have great products, keep up the good work. And I don't mind saying that both companies found a great site to advertise on. :) (Making up for another post, I'm sure Jason knows which one :wink:)

Dave Conger
02-19-2002, 08:38 PM

I also feel like the signature of "Die Palm Die" is very tasteless as well. Thought everyone here might like Pocket PC's better then Palm, I don't feel like we want Palm to totally disappear. Without Palm, Microsoft wouldn't have as much of a reason to innovate their products and we might have never seen the big push to the marketing "mecca" of the Pocket PC.

Robotbeat
02-19-2002, 10:23 PM
:oops: I'm sorry. I didn't know Dooblo was a sponsor! How ignorant of me.

I was saying my honest opinion of one of Dooblo's products. I realize that I was being quite rude by the way that I said it, though.

About my sig, I have my own opinion about stuff, and seeing Palm die is a dream that I have. I don't like Palm one bit. If you like Palm, then good for you. I don't.

Robotbeat
02-19-2002, 10:40 PM
Can't you let me dream!?! :wink: :wink:

spg
02-20-2002, 12:09 AM

I also feel like the signature of "Die Palm Die" is very tasteless as well. Thought everyone here might like Pocket PC's better then Palm, I don't feel like we want Palm to totally disappear. Without Palm, Microsoft wouldn't have as much of a reason to innovate their products and we might have never seen the big push to the marketing "mecca" of the Pocket PC.

I must agree, and without Palm where we would be today as far as handhelds go? I know we would all agree we don't want to be where the newton would have taken us! And just for the record, I don't like that avatar ethier.

Robotbeat
02-20-2002, 12:44 AM
Yeah, well I don't have to worry about having a "tasteful" avatar since I am not yet adult and therefore I don't need to be mature.

I will try to think of some way to express that my avatar and my sig are supposed to be playful.

I again apologize for my shoot-down of Dooble.

Daniel
02-20-2002, 02:00 AM
Fortunately Robobeat has the right to express his/her opinion, so why don't we stop this in Margi/Dooblo's intro thread, it just doesn't look good. I wouldn't be happy if I were from either company and found this in our intro thread.
Robobeat, you might have editied your post to make somewhat more constructive comments? That actually could be useful for the site sponsor. Of course you are entitled to your opinion and for the record I personally don't really care what avatar or sig you use.

daniel

Jason Dunn
02-20-2002, 04:08 AM
:oops: I'm sorry. I didn't know Dooblo was a sponsor! How ignorant of me. I was saying my honest opinion of one of Dooblo's products. I realize that I was being quite rude by the way that I said it, though.

It's ok, all is forgiven. 8)

The only reason I announced Dooblo and MARGI in this message was because they were sponsors. There are certainly appropriate places to express your opinion about software & hardware - we have forums where you can rant away all you like. :-) But when I announce a site sponsor, well, that's just not a good place to hack on them. :lol:

If you appreciate the fact that sponsors are keeping this site running, tell them: buy their products, click on the banners to learn more, or email them and tell them you appreciate them sponsoring this site.

As for your Avatar, it made me laugh. ;-)

palmsolo
02-22-2002, 03:11 AM
I am actually doing an evaluation of the Margi CF card on my HP567 using the excellent Atek CF1 to II adapter. You can also get the PC card adapter and use the Margi CF card with that and get to use the MMC slot for your presentations.

I have been playing with it for a couple days now and am highly impressed with the Margi hardware and software. I'll be posting a review of the Margi and Voyager CF VGA cards on Pocket PC Life in a week or two.

The Margi website feedback form also has a pull down for a Type I Card, so maybe that will come out in the future and allow me to use my MMC slot on my MMC/battery pack. Keep up the excellent work Margi!