View Full Version : More Forum Changes

Jason Dunn
02-16-2002, 10:13 PM
As promised, I've been monitoring how people are using the forums, and I've altered a few of them. There's more activity in the community sections vs. hardware, so that section is now at the top of the forum list. I've deleted the Hardware forums that weren't being used, and I've changed the description of the front-page forums to "FRONT PAGE ARCHIVE (comment only)" so people will know it's the archive of front-page items, not forums they can post new items in.<br /><br />Ideally, the best discussion boards have enough forums to cover all topics, but not enough to confuse people. It's all about balance. :-)

James
02-17-2002, 12:32 AM
Cool! It's definitely a better way to organize things.

spg
02-17-2002, 12:48 AM
Cool! It's definitely a better way to organize things.

Agreed, very nice layout.

Daniel
02-17-2002, 06:21 AM
Yep, good call Jason. :)

Hey, we all agreed again, this is getting spooky! ;)

daniel

Dave Conger
02-17-2002, 07:35 AM
I like the removal of some forms. I have always liked how your site has had comments but never really got to specific, so I think it is nice to see some of the hardware forms go. I like the sections for thoughts, that is the most important part of your site I think and what I really come here for. It seems other sites like to specialize in hardware/software help, so I feel like you site really brings a different style discussion, more talking about news, views, rants and raves (where did I get that from?? :wink:).

James
02-17-2002, 07:56 PM
Hey, we all agreed again, this is getting spooky! ;)

Very! There isn't a new Invasion of the Bodysnatchers movie out is there? :)

James
02-17-2002, 07:57 PM
for. It seems other sites like to specialize in hardware/software help, so I feel like you site really brings a different style discussion, more talking about news, views, rants and raves (where did I get that from?? :wink:).

I couldn't agree more (see above about all this agreement being spooky). It's all about the Thoughts ;)

Scott R
02-17-2002, 11:28 PM
Good job Jason. As I said before, having too many forums can actually harm a site. I think you've whittled things down appropriately. And, you're much better off doing it sooner rather than later.

Scott