View Full Version : Talk about a dream job...

Jason Dunn
02-12-2002, 01:50 AM
<a href="http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=13945643&AVSDM=2002%2D02%2D05+19%3A31%3A00%2E000&CCD=my%2Emonster%2Ecom&JSD=jobsearch%2Emonster%2Ecom&HD=company%2Emonster%2Ecom&Logo=1">http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=13945643&AVSDM=2002%2D02%2D05+19%3A31%3A00%2E000&CCD=my%2Emonster%2Ecom&JSD=jobsearch%2Emonster%2Ecom&HD=company%2Emonster%2Ecom&Logo=1</a><br /><br />So how does the title of "Director, Mobile Device Evangelism" sound?<br /><br />"Are you a highly motivated professional with previous experience in software development, program management, or technical marketing and a true passion for leading edge technology? This is an extraordinary opportunity to create the next great wave of third party applications and solutions around Microsoft technology. As the Director, you will lead a team that is responsible for driving broad adoption of Microsoft’s mobile devices including Pocket PC and Microsoft’s Smart Phone.<br /><br />Responsibilities include defining the overall Microsoft mobile device evangelism strategy and integration with .NET evangelism efforts and those across the company. You will drive the efforts to ensure the community of Developers, Independent Hardware and Software vendors focused on the PDA, Smart phone, and future .NET services receives the proper technical and business interaction to make them successful using our mobility products."<br /><br />What a cool job that would be! Of course, I don't have enough experience, nor do I feel like moving to Redmond at the moment. But if you do, go for it. Then give me a call and we'll chat. ;-) Thanks to Chris Edwards for sending this in!

michael
02-12-2002, 02:37 AM
You should go for it Jason. You never know until you try. This area isn't such a bad place to live and it's not far from Canada :)

Master O'Mayhem
02-12-2002, 02:44 AM
Gee.... I thought I had a cool job...

RLBogue
02-12-2002, 04:16 AM
So Jason what do you think my chances are? Do you think they would make me move to Redmond -- really? Maybe I could run Netmeeting from my office.

The requirements actually don't look that bad. Hmmm, I wonder if the Press people will send a copy of my book over to HR. ;)

I think I'll apply just for giggles. You made my day with this one.

James
02-12-2002, 04:46 AM
hmm...a mere 5 minutes from my house too. But I've already got my dream job, so I'll leave this one open for someone else :)

mclaughlinc
02-12-2002, 01:54 PM
So where is Derek going? Why isn't Beth going for this job?

Jason Dunn
02-12-2002, 04:35 PM
So where is Derek going? Why isn't Beth going for this job?

It's not Derek's job - this is more focused around developer evangelism, not end-user stuff that Derek & Beth do. :)

derekbrn
02-12-2002, 06:41 PM
There's nothing like seeing your job posted on the web as you're having morning coffee :-) jk

There are a number of jobs in the Mobile Devices Marketing group for people that are interested. This particualr one is senior level (Director) and would have to be real solid around standards, technology, management, etc. There are general marketing postions, PR positions, developer relations, partner management, etc. If you want to work in the Mobile Devices group I would send a mail to our group's external recruiter w/ your resume and a description of the type of jobs you are looking for:

Willy Reese
[email protected]

Dave Conger
02-12-2002, 08:47 PM
If you want to work in the Mobile Devices ....

Do you ever offer internships in the mobile devices group?? That would be my dream summer job!

spg
02-15-2002, 05:38 PM
If you want to work in the Mobile Devices ....

Do you ever offer internships in the mobile devices group?? That would be my dream summer job!

Now that would be cool, unfortunately I'm to far away :(. Oh well, I guess I'll stick with the university help desk job.

~Spencer

JonnoB
02-15-2002, 05:45 PM
I had a dream recently that this was my job.... I told my wife about it and now she worries that my PocketPC is becoming my first love and her second.

I told her not to worry, my love affair with the PocketPC is one way only. It doesn't care about me nearly as much as she does. How sad is that?