View Full Version : Heh Heh - we have a celebrity in our midsts

Ed Hansberry
02-11-2002, 03:04 AM
<a href="http://www.americanwaymag.com/business/trends.asp?archive_date=2/1/2002">http://www.americanwaymag.com/business/trends.asp?archive_date=2/1/2002</a><br /><br />Foo Fighter, a regular commenter here, was quoted in The American Way magazine found on American and TWA Airlines. Something about Palm OS5 and Vaporware. ;-)<br /><br />Congrats Foo - your 15 minutes of fame. :-D

Tycho Morgan
02-11-2002, 03:25 AM
The quote is:

"Writing on a discussion board at PDAbuzz.com, a Palm devotee calling himself Foo Fighter couldn’t agree more: “Palm’s entire future hinges on OS 5. If it turns out to be vaporware, so will Palm.”"

Congrats Foo, for the next week (or month), you can take confort that your name (or psudonym) is right next to thousands of barf bags....

Cheers,
Sam

AhuhX
02-11-2002, 10:04 AM
bringing this Tool on board. He's an even easier target than you, Andy, or Marloff.

Ah, no the biggest tool on this board would be you. Sorry to deflate what little self-esteem you have left. ;)

marlof
02-11-2002, 10:27 AM
It's Marlof. Single f. Thanks!

AhuhX
02-11-2002, 10:32 AM
It's Marlof. Single f. Thanks!

Hey, he can't even get the current YEAR right, so what chance has he got of spelling someone's name.

marlof
02-11-2002, 11:26 AM
Don't worry. The IP this poster uses is a well known address. He's a long time visitor of Pocket PC Thoughts, and I've never been able to find one original or funny remark coming from that address. It is someone who likes to behave like a troll. One day he will get a life, and be gone here. But chances of him getting a life with his attitude are very slim. So I think he'll be with us for a bit longer. That's why I just thought it was about time he learned to spell my name right. All that effort to post negative things about me gets waisted, when you don't get the name right.

AhuhX
02-11-2002, 12:40 PM
The IP this poster uses is a well known address. He's a long time visitor of Pocket PC Thoughts, and I've never been able to find one original or funny remark coming from that address. It is someone who likes to behave like a troll. One day he will get a life, and be gone here. But chances of him getting a life with his attitude are very slim. So I think he'll be with us for a bit longer. That's why I just thought it was about time he learned to spell my name right. All that effort to post negative things about me gets waisted, when you don't get the name right.

LOL... That must be one angry nerd! Not too bright either. :wink:

JohnnyFlash
02-11-2002, 05:09 PM
who cares about Palm OS version 5.0 or 8.3?

the future is about PocketPC/WindowsCE.Net and
mobile Linux.

Janak Parekh
02-11-2002, 07:35 PM
Wasn't the phpBB here going to be set up so that anonymous guests can't post? Jason mentioned a bug, but I thought that was going to be fixed... any luck? :)

--bdj

Jason Dunn
02-11-2002, 07:45 PM
Wasn't the phpBB here going to be set up so that anonymous guests can't post? Jason mentioned a bug, but I thought that was going to be fixed.

I'll double check the permissions, we may have have set one wrong, but the guy from San Fransisco is registering real accounts using Yahoo email address. He also keeps shuffling his IP address, making it irritating to keep blocking him. :roll:

He's been at this for about eight months now - I'd say he's posted 30+ insulting/offensive messages, and we delete them all. Maybe we should all chip in and get him either a psychologist or a hooker - either would benefit him greatly I think. :twisted:

AhuhX
02-12-2002, 03:22 AM
...but the guy from San Fransisco

He's from San Fransisco? Hmmmmmm. Sure all that frustration isn't being caused by him repressing certain other tendencies? ;)

I suggest we all chip in and buy him a handbag, and let him cut loose. You'll never hear from him/her again... :idea: :twisted: