View Full Version : Pocket Keyboard

ironguy
02-10-2002, 08:04 AM
Anyone else have a dead pocket keyboard? Got mine yesterday from Amazon, loaded the driver, etc, and plugged it in. I can turn on the J with the keyboard but everything else is dead. Nothing works, no input to any text program. Any thoughts? :cry:

Paragon
02-10-2002, 07:30 PM
IronGuy

Go to Programs/ Hp applications/ HP keyboard and enable the keyboard. This must be done every time you soft reset.

Dave

ironguy
02-11-2002, 01:32 AM
Thanks Paragon. I had assumed that 'enabled' meant that the checkbox for 'disable' was unchecked...as it was. I guess what HP meant was that the keyboard program must remain open. I did the settings then closed the application. All is well now...

lmtuxinc
02-12-2002, 04:36 PM
I had this problem also, then I figured out that you also have disable the stowaway keyboard driver for the pocket keyboard to work. If you dont it says that the pocket keyboard is disabled due to an activesync connection.

Alan

Marcus
02-13-2002, 06:43 AM
Anyone else having problems with the space key. sometimes the space key stops working for 10-15 seconds. I don't think that it is a hardware problem because the action of the key is very positive.

Any Thoughts?

brntcrsp
02-18-2002, 10:58 PM
Well, the battery for the PK just died on me on Friday, so I replaced it. So I currently have a new battery, but the backlight button does nothing. In fact it never has. I really want this feature to work, because I enjoy typing on the thing, but I don't want to drain the battery as much. Anyone have a clue as to why it refuses to toggle the backlight?

brntcrsp
02-21-2002, 01:42 AM
never mind. I'm an idiot who didn't RTFM.

Jorgen
04-29-2002, 08:26 PM
>the backlight button does nothing

It does: it switches the light in the keys off. You cannot switch the backlight on the screen off :(
Jorgen