View Full Version : Smart Phone

isrjt
02-09-2002, 05:45 AM
I just thought I would raise the topic of when, who, what... I seem to be lusting after information and none is forthcoming. I am stuck to visiting sendos website to view pages that have not been updated for ages. I thought the wheels may start turning after seeing it showcased at the show --- but nothing. I know there are those of you out there with some tidbits to keep me dreaming. Or at least somebody who wants one of these things as much as I do??? I will be really depressed if I have to rewrite my application in C to run on a palm clone.

Jason Dunn
02-10-2002, 01:27 AM
Q2 of this year, the Smartphone 2002 should become real... :lol:

Dave Conger
02-10-2002, 03:19 AM
Q2 of this year, the Smartphone 2002 should become real... :lol:

Yay! What operating system will appear on these?? A version of CE.NET?

Jason Dunn
02-10-2002, 03:22 AM
The OS will be the Smartphone OS, a cousin of the Pocket PC OS. Nothing with .NET on it yet...

James
02-10-2002, 03:27 AM
Guess I'd better relabel the vacation fund the smartphone fund...

isrjt
02-10-2002, 04:25 AM
I've been saving my money from the sale of my weight lifting software for an old Porsche 911. It looks like .net and .smartphone will get the cash first. I guese I am just destined to drive my wifes seconds.

Is that 2Q in USA or abroad?

Jason Dunn
02-10-2002, 04:50 AM
Is that 2Q in USA or abroad?

That's a tougher question. Sendo is a European company, so it stands to reason that they'll do a Euro release first. Samsung is supposed to be making a Smartphone 2002, and one would hope it would be a GPRS or CDMA2000 for the North American markets.

As I get some answers, you'll hear about it here first... 8)

isrjt
02-10-2002, 05:06 AM
This is off topic, but thank you for responding. I have been reading your site everyday for as long as I can remember. You have posted info about my program, and now responded to my questions directly. I hope you realize how much you are appreciated. I don't know you directly, but my thought is that you are a really cool guy.

thank you

Jason Dunn
02-10-2002, 05:56 AM
This is off topic, but thank you for responding. I have been reading your site everyday for as long as I can remember. You have posted info about

I do what I can - thanks for the kind words though. :)