View Full Version : Am I in the right Forum?

Noel
02-08-2002, 07:28 PM
I'm having a problem with my 3670 which I'm hoping any of the more experienced users here may have come across and care to help with, however if this is not the right forum to post in, please forgive me and perhaps refer me to a more appropriate one.

:?:

With no other programs running and more than than half of RAM (64M)
available, why am I getting an error message that says "No program memory available" when I do a Start/Find query?

I am running PC2002 SP1

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Noel

Janak Parekh
02-08-2002, 08:48 PM
With no other programs running and more than than half of RAM (64M)
available, why am I getting an error message that says "No program memory available" when I do a Start/Find query?
This is a reasonable forum to post it in. In any case, have you tried a soft reset? I've never had this problem, but it's possible a program you installed "leaks" memory periodically.

--bdj

Dave Conger
02-08-2002, 10:56 PM
Soft Reset could definatly help (like BigDaddyJ said), but if that doesn't work, what is your current memory settings? How much program v.s storage memory is allocated and available?

Noel
02-08-2002, 11:06 PM
Appreciate your help very much!
Mem checked and soft-resetted with no luck.
What I am doing is a clean PC2002 + SP1 install.... so far so good
and a Stop-N-Test after every app is installed ... I'll find that sucker
and report back!!!

Great forum guys!!!

Thanks

Noel

Noel
02-12-2002, 04:52 PM
Last Friday, the day I started a complete systematic re-install of my iPAQ 3670, was also the day my son was hit with chicken pox,
and it seems like a month ago.
House-bound is the perfect circumstance to install a new OS and SP1,
to test and backup after every application is successfully installed, to try and discover what caused the memory errors I reported. My hunch was a rogue application did it, but I didn't find it.
What I did realize is that perhaps PC2002 is like my Win2K and XP boxes
which over roughly six months get bogged down and error-prone and
well, just need a start-from-scratch. Today my iPAQ runs faster and happier than ever! :D
This leads me to wonder if others have had similiar experiences and come to the same conclusion?
The explosion of nifty stuff for Pocket PC is SO tempting to try ("Perfect Home" looks like a month-long project in itself!) let alone wireless and other push-the-limits capabilities - what can I say? I'd bet that chicken pox DOES strike twice!!!

Noel