View Full Version : ActiveSync 3.5

roryokeeffe
02-07-2002, 06:16 PM
Hi,
I have a problem (well, more of a minor annoyance) with, I beleive, Activesynch. I recently upgraded my iPAQ 3600 Pocket PC to Pocket PC 2002 and installed ActiveSync 3.5 that came with it. Now everytime I load up the computer, or when I first put my iPAQ in its cradle and ActivewSych starts, it loads up my internet connection. Nothing will actually synch untill I log onto the internet, or click 'work offline' on the internet dial-up.
As I say, this isn't really a problem, just a niggle, but I'd love to stop it. None of the fiddling with ActiveSync or iPAQ settings seems to have helped.

Cheers for any help

Rory

JonnoB
02-07-2002, 06:47 PM
If you are synching to Outlook or are using AvantGo, than your internet settings may be invoked to establish a MAPI connection to Outlook or a valid connection to AvantGo service.

roryokeeffe
02-07-2002, 07:18 PM
Thanks Jonno,

I think it's the MAPI part of what you said. Synching AvantGO doesn't invoke an internet connection, if I'm connected to the internet as I sync, AvantGO will sync also, but if I'm not connected it simply won't synch - it doesn't actually try and connect. I will have a look and see if I can do anything related to MAPI.
Thanks again

Rory