View Full Version : Just checking my new gif

jim s
02-06-2002, 11:07 PM
This is my first try at animating a gif.

wiredguy
02-08-2002, 01:54 AM

Just curious... what software did you use?

jim s
02-08-2002, 08:23 PM
I created about 18 images in MS Paint and then used a 30 demo of HVS Animator. Since then I have found a freebie for MS called GIF Animator. Works better. I will start using that version tonight. I don't think you'll notice any difference, though.

Jason Dunn
02-08-2002, 08:27 PM
Ulead GIF Animator 5.0 is a killer tool if you need more than an Avatar - it's great for banner ads.

jim s
02-08-2002, 08:38 PM
Ulead GIF Animator 5.0 is a killer tool if you need more than an Avatar - it's great for banner ads.

What? No affliate link? :lol:

WillyG
10-17-2002, 11:00 PM

Lol i kept staring at your "Animated Gif" for one minute, hoping the dog would blink, move its eyes, drool or somthing.....then i discovered it was a jpeg :lol:

Personally i like "GIF Movie Gear" its easy to use and can export to other formats too. Transparent colors, no problem. In fact i used it to create my avatar

More info and trial here: http://www.gamani.com/

jim s
10-17-2002, 11:55 PM

Lol i kept staring at your "Animated Gif" for one minute, hoping the dog would blink, move its eyes, drool or somthing.....then i discovered it was a jpeg :lol:

Personally i like "GIF Movie Gear" its easy to use and can export to other formats too. Transparent colors, no problem. In fact i used it to create my avatar

More info and trial here: http://www.gamani.com/

Ha! That message was from 6 months ago or something - have since changed my avitar - obviously! You must really be looking at old messages!

JonnoB
10-18-2002, 12:40 AM
Ha! That message was from 6 months ago or something - have since changed my avitar - obviously! You must really be looking at old messages!

I fell into the same trap.... doh!

jim s
10-18-2002, 02:40 AM
Geez - now I feel like I need to animate Murphy (my dog.) How 'bout a wagging tongue? That is about all he is capable of doing. Not exactly a rocket scientist! :lol:

JonnoB
10-18-2002, 03:30 AM
Geez - now I feel like I need to animate Murphy (my dog.) How 'bout a wagging tongue? That is about all he is capable of doing. Not exactly a rocket scientist! :lol:

Move his mouth.... like the old Foo Fighter avatar.