View Full Version : DirectPlay for Pocket PC 2002

Jason Dunn
02-06-2002, 09:10 PM
<a href="http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/868/msdncompositedoc.xml">http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/868/msdncompositedoc.xml</a><br /><br />GAPI just isn't DirectX, no matter how hard it tries, so it's nice to see Microsoft release a part of DirectX for the Pocket PC. Bring on the network games!<br /><br />"DirectPlay for Pocket PC 2002 is finally here. Now you can use this powerful network API in your games and other multi-user online applications for the Pocket PC. Network programming has never been easier! This release includes support for regular wired network connections and 802.11b wireless. That’s right—now you can experience wireless gaming right on your Pocket PC. Download the SDK today and join the wireless mobile game revolution." Source: Robert Anderson

DualShock
02-06-2002, 11:24 PM
Hey Jason,

Being a semi-developer myself, it would be cool if the developer forum could be open for starting threads. It would be a good place to share code snippets, issues with MFC, etc. Just a thought....

JonnoB
02-07-2002, 12:19 AM
The MS site was not clear, or I missed it completely (could always be the case)..... besides wired networks and wireless (WiFi) is there also support for IR? This would make the casual PocketPC meetings one would have a little more entertaining! :lol:

I can also visualize this being used in some of the PocketPC GameBoy emulators for link play.

Jason Dunn
02-07-2002, 04:16 PM
Dualshock - good idea. Consider it done!

jhuebel
02-07-2002, 11:08 PM
Boy, wouldn't it be nice to have something similar to EverQuest (the equivalent of crack for the MMPOG gamer) for the PocketPC. Oh the hours that would be wasted... :lol:

Jason Huebel

Inventor
02-10-2002, 09:38 PM
Dualshock - good idea. Consider it done!

A group for eVC++ "AND" eVB would be great.

Jason Dunn
02-10-2002, 11:32 PM
A group for eVC++ "AND" eVB would be great.

Well, considering that there are ZERO posts to the developers forum, creating more seems a little silly. :roll:

Nice to see you here Vincent...I think. :wink: