View Full Version : Pocket PC site compatibility

Jason Dunn
02-06-2002, 09:04 PM
One of the things I've always been very proud of with this site is how compatible is was with the Pocket PC. Sure, the front page was slow to load, but at least it scaled nicely to Pocket Internet Explorer. :-)<br /><br />Getting a functional site up and running over the weekend was a small miracle - we used the original site for an opening page template, but designing a forum template that works with Pocket Internet Explorer will take longer. Until that happens, your AvantGo/Mazingo experiences will be quite poor - I apologize for that. It took me quite a while to tweak the original template to look nice on a Pocket PC, and it will take a while to get the new template working.<br /><br />Thanks for your patience as we continue to pick up the pieces.

JoeThielen
02-06-2002, 10:04 PM
I'm also having some problems with the forums using Netscape 4.7x and Mozilla 0.9.x on Linux.

When I get an e-mail that says there has been a reply to a message I wrote, when I click on it, it brings up a browser window, and acts like it loads some stuff, but then it'll say 'Document Done', but only one icon or something will show p (like the ICQ icon in a weird place). Very strange...

Don't forget us Netscape freaks!

James
02-06-2002, 10:25 PM
IE6 > PocketIE > Mozilla > Netscrape

Chris Edwards
02-06-2002, 10:25 PM
Yeah, the current template has it's issues. The new template will be much more friendly for all of those on real Internet Browsers.

bbarker
02-06-2002, 11:49 PM
Jason,

Thanks for addressing this. I assumed it was important to you, but I'm one of the ones who kept mentioning it to be sure. I miss reading comments on my Pocket PC, so I'm looking forward to what you come up with. Brighthand never has been able to address this issue. I'm glad it's a priority for you.

Jason Dunn
02-07-2002, 08:06 AM
I'll be honest here: optimizing for Pocket Internet Explorer is a priority. Optimizing for Netscape 4.x and Opera is not...I simply don't have the time. 8O