View Full Version : Broken Flip lid for 56x

Tycho Morgan
02-05-2002, 07:51 PM
It took all of three days for the flip lid on my new Jordana to break. I pulled it out of my pocket, and opened the lid to work on an email I was writing, when with out notice the little knobby thing just broke off. I hadn't even been given a chance abuse.

It isn't much of a problem for me right now, I have a flip case on the way that would have replaced the stock lid, but as you might expect, I'd rather have a unit that is fully functional.

Is there anyone else out there that has had a flip lid spontaneously break?

Cheers,
Sam

Rob Borek
02-07-2002, 03:20 AM
I haven't had my flip-lid break, and I use it quite a bit. But, since it's made of plastic, it's quite possible it'll break. Luckily, replacements aren't that expensive.

Brad Adrian
02-08-2002, 05:14 PM
Another thing you might try if you're thinking about getting a case of some kind is looking at www.vajacases.com. They've got a couple of models that don't need the lid and that provide a leather cover over the screen.

spg
02-16-2002, 04:02 AM
I don't have a 56x but my Dad does. He has had it for around three months now, using it everyday no break yet.

JonnoB
02-16-2002, 09:29 PM
It took all of three days for the flip lid on my new Jordana to break. I pulled it out of my pocket, and opened the lid to work on an email I was writing, when with out notice the little knobby thing just broke off. I hadn't even been given a chance abuse.

I remove my lid daily as I take on and off the pocket keyboard... no breat yet. Probably a bad production version. I must admit however that the plastic makes me squirm a bit when I have to flex it every day. I would pay for a good strong aluminum or other light metal lid.