View Full Version : Problems syncing Zune Pass music to PFS device

onlydarksets
02-15-2008, 06:49 PM
All of a sudden, I am unable to sync much of my downloaded subscription Zune Pass music to my WM6 phone. This worked fine until recently. Now I get the blue icon in WMP and a "No Sync Rights" message.

Any idea how I force Zune Player to reacquire a sync license? Thanks!

Jason Dunn
02-21-2008, 06:36 AM
Hmm...that's a tough one! Zune DRM'd music working on non-Zune, but still Janus-DRM-compliant devices, is more or less "accidental" from what I understand. It might be that something broke with an update to the Zune DRM along the way...I wouldn't even know where to begin with the licensing. You could try Googling the location of the DRM licenses and deleting it - that might force a refresh....:confused:

onlydarksets
02-21-2008, 08:49 PM
I just redownloaded everything, and it sync'd up fine. I must have sync'd more than a couple of times, and it never refreshed the license. Oh well, problem (inelegantly) solved!

Thanks, though!

Jason Dunn
02-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Glad to hear it worked - boy, DRM sure sucks, doesn't it? :rolleyes: (watch the front page of Digital Home Thoughts for my latest DRM rant)

eufreka
03-18-2008, 08:58 PM
All of a sudden, I am unable to sync much of my downloaded subscription Zune Pass music to my WM6 phone. This worked fine until recently. Now I get the blue icon in WMP and a "No Sync Rights" message.

Any idea how I force Zune Player to reacquire a sync license? Thanks!

The zune desktop software won't necessarily auto renew licenses, but if you autosync your zune device regularly (I use an a/v dock to initiate nightly syncs), it will auto renew the licenses for the content stored on it. Which in turn, should keep everything working fine for your phone...