View Full Version : AT&T flip phone WM 6.0?

nycsmartphone
02-12-2008, 04:08 PM
I'd like to upgrade to WM 6.0 (now using 3125 WM 5.0). I am partial to a flip phone and want to stay with ATT. Any options for me down the road?

Sven Johannsen
02-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Responding so you know you aren't being ignored. Not sure you will get much of an answer to that though. Anyone who knows for sure is probably sworn to secrecy. Typically what you get is rumors base on FCC filings, and those aren't always accurate, or indicaticve of the carrier.

I thought I saw something about a new flip phone, but don't remember where or if it was associated with any one in particular. Unfortunately WM flip phones have not had a stellar history. Beats me why. Motorola made a few, but they were very bulky in the face of their popular Razr. HTC proved you could put a WM phone in a Razr-like package, but it wasn't all that well received. Never got why Moto couldn't have done a regular and a WM Razr, like Palm did a regular and WM Treo.

inteller
08-15-2008, 04:29 PM
well, the HTC offering sucked because it was an EDGE only phone when 3G devices where becoming plentiful. All of Motorola's offerings were nice, but the were running sucky versions of smartphone os.

If vendors and carriers would support these devices with upgrades I think you'd see better reception of them.