View Full Version : I officially hate DRM....

Don Tolson
02-05-2008, 06:08 PM
OK...I have 2 albums I downloaded from the MS Music site in WMA format. They work and play fine on the laptop I downloaded to.

I used WMP to 'sync' with my PPC and get the music down onto it's SDMMC card, and eventually, I got those to work as well.

Now, I have a new PPC (an AT&T Tilt -- grin...), but when I take the microSD card out of the old unit and place into the new Tilt, WMP won't play these two albums. (The ones I ripped from CDs work fine) When you try to play one of the songs, nothing plays and you get a message saying that there was a Digital Rights error.
OK, I understand that since it's a new unit, but now, how do I get the DRM for these albums onto the new unit?

I've tried everything I can think of -- resyncing through WMP, deleting the music from the SDMMC card while in the new unit, then resyncing again, etc. etc. Nothing seems to work.

Anyone know the magic formula? BTW, when the card is placed in the new unit, it's no longer known as SDMMC, it's known as StorageCard. Does that make a difference?

Thanks.

/drt

onlydarksets
02-05-2008, 06:56 PM
There is a WMPInfo.xml file in the root of your storage card. Try renaming that, then resyncing the files via WMP.