View Full Version : Downgrade Cingular 2125 ROM?

brianchris
02-04-2008, 09:28 PM
My wife owned a Cingular 2125 for a long time, and she absolutely loved it. Indeed, she could of upgraded long ago but, in her opinion, nothing came close to the 2125 form factor. For her, it was close to perfect.

Recently though, she accidentally dropped her beloved 2125 in her cup of Diet Pepsi. Needless to say, it never worked again.

We purchased her another 2125 off eBay, but the problem is it arrived with the newer 2125 ROM. This is the ROM that enables push email, BUT has the MAJOR problem with slow T9 texting speeds, etc. Indeed, I had avoided upgrading her old 2125's ROM because of the reported problems with it and the fact she wouldn't be very tolerant of those problems.

Now that we seem to be stuck with a 2125 with the new ROM, its as good as useless in her opinion.

Here's my question: knowing that we never upgraded the 2125 ROM ourselves, and therefore don't have a backup of the old ROM, is there anyway to downgrade to the first ROM?? My web searching seems to indicate there isn't.

If there isn't a way to downgrade, are there any tweaks we could preform to the new ROM to get it to behave better?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or ideas!!!