View Full Version : Help, WMDC only syncs a few contacts

Mark Larson
01-29-2008, 08:29 AM
To preface, I've owned Pocket PC PDAs and Smartphones since 2003. But of course Activestink has been losing features, functionality and the "It Just Works" factor for a while now, culminating with WMDC on Vista, which I have the misfortune of running.

Now, I have a Q9c and a new Touch. I need a way to transfer contacts between them. Going from my Q to the Q9c was easy because of the BT Send Object menu item, but when I tried that with my new Touch, the Q9c gave me an error saying that the required profile didn't exist on the Touch.

I tried setting up the Q9c in Activesync (WMDC since I'm using Vista) but it only synced a few of the contacts to the computer no matter what I do. Using a fresh install of Outlook 2003. It seems like it synced a few contacts alphabetically, skipping a few until it got to Ka- and then just gave up. I restarted many times, synced many times, to no avail. I even went into the settings and unchecked the "Sync Contacts" box but canceled when it gave me the dire warning that this would mean all my contacts on the Q9c would be evaporated. Or at least that's what I think it meant. Not taking any chances.

I got those few contacts into the Touch but the rest are still on the Q9c.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I would be happy if I could either sync all of my contacts to the PC or if I could transfer them to the Touch.