View Full Version : Does Your GSM Phone Effect Your Sleep?

Mike Temporale
01-04-2008, 09:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://piers.mit.edu/piersonline/piers.php?volume=3&number=7&page=1148' target='_blank'>http://piers.mit.edu/piersonline/piers.php?volume=3&number=7&page=1148</a><br /><br /></div><p><em>&quot;During actual exposure, as compared to sham exposure, sleep initiated one hour after exposure was affected. There was a prolonged latency to reach the first cycle of deep sleep (stage 3). The amount of stage 4 sleep was also decreased in exposed subjects. NG subjects reported more headaches during exposures vs. sham exposure. Neither group (SG and NG) was able to detect the true exposure status more frequently than by chance alone.&quot;</em></p><br /><p>This is a pretty interesting study.&nbsp; I haven't noticed any difference in my sleep patterns based on the proximenty of my device. I have noticed the...&nbsp; ZZzzzz&nbsp; </p>

Rocco Augusto
01-04-2008, 09:55 PM
This is a pretty interesting study. I haven't noticed any difference in my sleep patterns based on the proximenty of my device. I have noticed the... ZZzzzz

Ha! classic. :D

I have noticed that I wake up several times a night recently because I hear the sound of my new email notification going off. I'd put my phone on silent, but that would defeat the whole purpose of using my handset as my alarm clock :(

djdj
01-05-2008, 05:31 PM
It only interrupts my sleep patterns when I get wrong number calls in the middle of the night, which unfortunately happens 2-3 times per week. :(

swapnilgyani
01-07-2008, 11:44 AM
I have noticed that I wake up several times a night recently because I hear the sound of my new email notification going off. I'd put my phone on silent, but that would defeat the whole purpose of using my handset as my alarm clock :(

I had the same problem. Then i came across cititime citi alarms, using which u can set ur alarm to ignore silent mode :)

Mike Temporale
01-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Ha! classic. :D

If you use a real alarm (like the one that comes with the BlackJAck) then you won't have these problems. ;) Since you're not using the blackjack, take a look at Gentimer or Alerts. Both have an option to force the sound on a alarm regardless of the current profile.