View Full Version : Zune - how to make it better list

timc166293
12-31-2007, 07:59 PM
This is based on owning both versions. Please let me know where I went astray. FYI, I like my Zune more than the ipods. I am biased:)

Zune list to make "perfect" (no priority on list below):
Zune device:
1. Sleep function
2. Put eq back
3. Ability to delete videos or podcasts, just like TiVo. No real need for music or pictures to have a delete function.
4. Add Internet streaming radio stations
5. Add streaming video (orb/sling/abc/nbc/etc.)
6. Higher res screen (future version)
7. Bring screen further to the edge of the device (future version)
8. Bluetooth (future version)
9. Ebook reader
10. Playback of HDTV content (future version)
11. Mass storage device
12. Ad hoc wireless sync when you do not have a cable or router
13. Internet browser
14. GPS / Navigation / location services (future version)
15. Missing DVR-MS show descriptions when viewing list of TV shows. How do I find a particle episode of “dirty Jobs” for example?
16. Some TV shows are grouped together in one “folder” which is great, others like “pardon the interruption” show individually with only a length of time description
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Zune software:
1. Bring back old version!!!!
2. Why with the Zune pass do I still have to pay for music videos
3. Need the old SW way to organize content
4. Setting for how often to check for podcasts
5. Internet radio function seehttp://www.radioroku.com/index.php (http://www.radioroku.com/index.php)
6. Batch mode on trans-coding video so you do not have to wait until you sync
7. Add streaming video server (orb/sling)
8. Ebooks
9. Streaming radio stations (created and programmed by Zune) via Zune pass subscription like Rhapsody has done for years.
10. Many “TV shows” do not show the name but just the description which is confusing as heck. It should show name, description and date and time recorded.
11. When select right click and highlight multiple TV shows (or any content on your PC) to sync it is very hard to “see” what you have highlighted.
Regards TJC

onlydarksets
01-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Great list. My personal pet peeves from your list:
Device
2. Put eq back

Software
6. Batch mode on trans-coding video so you do not have to wait until you sync
10. Many “TV shows” do not show the name but just the description which is confusing as heck. It should show name, description and date and time recorded.